Upper Armbands (sleeve) and Fobs style strap for Fitbit devices

In a world of superbugs and antibiotic resistance it's so important to be bear below the elbows in hospital and healthcare settings. Staff are not allowed to wear watches/fitness trackers on wrists. I have seen several other posts regarding this. Please can Fitbit develop a fob watch style strap so we can wear our trackers on our chest area of uniform. There are hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals out there who could benefit from this. I had a clip on fitbit which fell off my uniform crossing a road and got squashed by a car! It still worked but was too flat to fit back in it's charger so eventually died! I need something more secure with a pin. Surely there must be a market for this???

Moderator edit: all-caps

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

26 Comments
YraenSLW
First Steps

I would like to upgrade from my fitbit one to a Charge 3 however as a radiographer in a public hospital I'm required to be bare bellow the elbows for infection control reasons. Which means no long sleeves, jewellery or watches. So was wondering if it would be possible to develop some upper arm bands similar to the ones runners use for there phones to put the watch face in that would be lightweight, discreet & come in multiple sizes for the upper arm that could be used during work hours that would still give accurate readings. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's in this position. 

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about your idea to have upper arm bands for the Charge 3. 

ZsoltN
Jogger

I also like the idea. I can't wear my Fitbit on the wrist while playing Volleyball or doing Boxing.

LucyBee
First Steps

Yes!! I need this, I'm a paramedic and I desperately want to know what I get up to on shift, I hardly have any time after it so it would be nice to see what I could do extra whilst Im at work! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Rowbecca.

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea with everyone! I could certainly see that alternative being useful for some users.

Let's see what other users think about it.

amoon08
First Steps

Please can you make a fit bit fob watch for nurses to wear at work.  Most of us have to have bare skin below the elbow thanks

Ali 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @amoon08! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. I hope we receive updates soon.

TomPom
First Steps

I think having a fitbit that did not attach to the wrist:  It could be upper arm, ankle, Thigh:  It could take the same readings, but not be so obvious.  I tried the Fitbit Zip, but this did not give me:  Sleep, heartbeat, etc.  OR even something that attached Under a watch.  I have used fitbit for years and I am on my 3rd one now.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @TomPom 

The new Inspire can be used with the optional clip and would do everything but the heart rate. Have you looked into that style?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TomPom! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

stepram
First Steps

This Suggestion keeps coming up and Fitbit auto closes it down with only a few votes.  As Nurses / HCP's Dr and Paramedics / Techs we need to all band together and sho Fitbit the level of support for this option. 

There are a number of aftermarket options for a certain Frutie companies watch but nothing for the FitBit.  Except for the recently launched Inspire (NON HR Version only), I would like the Fully functioning Iconic to wear on days off as a watch and then clip it into a clip on my Scrubs in the Hospital. Surely that's a fairly common need, considering how many of us there are working in healthcare alone? 

YraenSLW
First Steps

I have also bought this up in the past & it was shut down after 2 other people had also responded. As a radiographer in a busy public hospital, bare below the elbows is a basic requirement for infection control reasons. I honestly can't understand why they won't run with this accessory given how practical it is, pretty sure they would make more out of this than they will out of some of the fancier accessories they have on offer. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. You might consider checking the Inspire (clip option) for your needs. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Greenqueen
First Steps

I am a nurse of 25 years who owns a Fitbit. I cannot wear it on my wrist at work due to infection control . Having it in my pocket isn’t an option. A nurses fob watch  that encompassed a Fitbit would be amazing. I realise the heart rate bit would be difficult to achieve just by the nature of the product, but a watch with pedometer functions would be great.  All of my colleagues agree. You would make a fortune.

Many Thanks for your consideration

Sharon Bowers, 44, frustrated nurse

JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

Have you considered the Inspire (non-HR)?  You can buy an optional clip (fob?) for it.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Greenqueen, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit accessories. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Rudoe
Stepping Up

I would like Fitbit to produce upper arm sleeves like whoop has them. They are perfect for people working in hospitals or doing martial arts.

Or does anybody know if one of those exist from a 3rd party company? Or is it possible to put a Fitbit into the whoop tracker sleeve?

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rudoe, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about producing upper arm sleeves. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Whitewind1954
Jogger

Hi,  I was in here because of the bruise on my wrist I got wearing my Fitbit.   I seem to have a bone and it hits it.  I had to remove it for the pain was getting hard.

I know you moved me under getting a Fitbit ankle band/bracelet but I don’t want that.   I suggest that or I want it on my wrist/arm instead.   On the ankle for the HR is not good when wearing shorts or stockings.   I don’t think my ankle is small enough either.   

On the other hand if we could wear it on the upper arm above the elbow maybe this would work out better.  Can you do this?  And wear our HR using it?   Would it be as accurate?   

Brenda

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Whitewind1954, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about developing an upper arm watch. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Wookeys
First Steps
I have a versa lite and I love it. Please can you make a silicone fob strap for medical staff so we can use it at work. Lots of my work colleagues have fitbits and think this would be great
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Wookeys. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have a Fobs style strap for your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RicCerv
Jogger
Hi,
It could be possible to realize a wide bracelet to allow Fitbit to be fastened on the arm just below the shoulder? it could be useful to use it in sports such as volleyball and beach volleyball.
Thanks.
Ric
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RicCerv, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see upper arm bands for Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

mmartinezflores
First Steps
Need an accesory where I can wear my Versa 3 when Im practicing jiujitsu or weightlifting. Something like a sleeve where I can dettach my fitbit put it in the sleeve and wear it in my bicep and I can workout and still record my data.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.