Use TouchID to login and to switch between accounts

I understand and appreciate Fitbit’s need to secure the kid’s and parent’s accounts separately. I actually like that my kid can not get back into my account without my permission. BUT having to remember or find my parent password is moderately annoying. Instead of requiring a password, what about using TouchID to switch between accounts? It would allow parents to maintain control while making the process much faster. 

An additional benefit of this idea is that adding TouchID capabilities to address this problem, also provides an opportunity to allow TouchID for all accounts. This would provide additional security for those who desire it and don’t want their daily count information readily available when you open the app. I’m not a computer person but I assume that adding TouchID to the app cannot be that hard as many apps allow this feature.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Julpat19
First Steps

Hubby and I both have Versa's and our own accounts.

We both sync to the same home computer.

We have to log in and log out whenever one of us wants to do something with our accounts.

Surely there is something that can be done to make it easier to toggle from one account to the other.

Facebook has just added a button, please can fitbit do the same.

Thanks. 😄  

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Julpat19! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Julpat19
First Steps

I hope the idea appeals to others so that it gains visibility, momentum and actually happens.   

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.