User Versa as Clicker for PowerPoint Slides

Hi!

I was thinking whether if it is possible for fitbit to act as a clicker for powerpoint slides during presentation. Fitbit can be connected by bluetooth to the computer then when i press the up button, it will be previous slides and when i press the down button it will be the next slide.

Thank you!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @EatSleepPlay.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us! I could definitely see how having this option could be very useful for students and users that work with presentations.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

mlja0408
First Steps

You should do it with Ionic too, but instead of up for previous and visa versa, I would do up for next and visa versa.

Rep0r1mey0ub0t
First Steps

I love that idea as I am a student at school and we do a lot with tech

Rep0r1mey0ub0t
First Steps

@EatSleepPlay wrote:

Hi!

I was thinking whether if it is possible for fitbit to act as a clicker for powerpoint slides during presentation. Fitbit can be connected by bluetooth to the computer then when i press the up button, it will be previous slides and when i press the down button it will be the next slide.

Thank you!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

@this is a great idea

newborn
First Steps

Ionic user here.

This is actually the feature that I miss most compared with my old Apple watch.

Allow Windows to detect the device as clicker would be ideal. With 3 buttons ... up, down, black screen.

Second version could have a mouse gesture like the Logitech Spotlight because of the integrated movement sensors.

heining
Jogger

I had a Samsung watch for a few months (big mistake, went back to Fitbit quickly). But the best thing of the Samsung watch was the ppt presentation app. I loved it so much that I even thought about keeping the Samsung watch for the days I need to present. 

I keep checking the Fitbit app store to find a ppt app. Really hope that someone creates it! 

I am a Versa 2 user but had 6 other Fitbits before, starting with the One. 

AnaGArvizu
First Steps

I think this is a great idea. Especially because as a student we have to use a lot of tech nowadays. 

Cirrus147
Jogger

Love it.  

But could be a "mouse app"  - select the App on the screen then screen swipes/taps at like track pad swipes or clicks? Somehow?

Saturnio
Recovery Runner

Thanks, bro for this information. I'm a student and now we had to make a lot of presentations. You know during this quarantine I had to do for each subject a presentation. In 3 months I have learned more about PowerPoint than during the 3 years lol. The last presentation that I was asked to do was in the economy. I had to do this in a new format that will be different from the simple PowerPoint. So I started to look on the internet and found 30 60 90 day plan interview template that made my job easier. To tell you the truth I didn't know about this template but it was super easy to use and the result was a great one. I made my analysis and got a "very good" from my teacher. I think I'll use your advice for the next presentation.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.