Vibrate at mile markers

I like the vibrate when you reach your goal feature, but would like to see it go a little further. I don't run with headphones so it would be nice to have a setting option for it to vibrate at miles or minutes chosen rather than a voice que.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

23 Comments
kbrown9897
First Steps

I use the app on my iphone when I go for a run.  I like that it talks to me and tells me each mile I go but often I run on a busy road and cannot hear it.  Can you make the phone or fitbit vibrate every mile?

eangelini1
Jogger

I switched over to the surge form another GPS watch that I will not name but one of my favorite features of my other watch was the virtual trainer.  The feature allowed me to set a distance, pace, time or time and distance to set as a goal and provided haptic feedback notifing me of where I was against my goal. Currently the Free run feature has no feature for setting a time,  distance, or pace to help with your training. It would is if something similiar was added in a  firmware update. For example: say I want to run a 5 k in 24mins I would like a feature that would allow me to set this as a goal when I run and have the watch vibrate notifing me if I'm on goal or how far I am behind goal.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

akosnitzky
Strider
Great idea. My guess is that may wear out their battery which needs improvement. You have my vote.
fotomaf
Keeping Pace

good idea

FitRunner93
Jogger
Can we impliment a feature with the Surge/ Charge that when you run/ burn a number of callories or distance that the band vibrates instead of keeping an eye out on the actual screen when doing a workout,

For example, per Km/Mi run, slight vibration
or Per 100 Calories burnt, a vibration - Have this needing to be connected via settings to turn on one or the other.. but not both at same time. Smiley LOL
Fezsan
Jogger

Like the idea, but can this be customizerable;

• every 1,2,5 mile / km etc
  • every 1,2,5 minutes etc
LizMuppet
First Steps

It should be... just like the voice ques you can choose for it to vibrate at your desired intervals whether it be miles/km, or minutes. I would see it being an add on to the already existing portion under the notification settings. 

In my world this is the only feature missing that I am disappointed about and is a pretty basic idea that other fitness watches do have. 

rachelann91
Keeping Pace

I would LOVE to have this feature!! It would help me from being glued to my watch when I'm not quite sure how far a running route is, since I REFUSE to run with my phone! Definitely helpful, since for me, I bought the surge to avoid HAVING to bring my phone (why I didn't go with the Apple Watch. It doesn't have a built-in gps).

jaustin67
First Steps

I would love that feature as well as long as you have options of when to vibrate (distance, time, calories burned etc.) as well as options of the interval between vibrations.

prairiedoug
Jogger

I miss this feauture.  I had it on my Garmin...Please make it be!

kev1nbr64
Jogger
The simple ideas are always the best.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LizMuppet. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us!

I've seen several users interested in seeing this implemented so I've moved ahead and forwarded this request to our team for revision.

Thank you for participating in the Feature request board.

LizMuppet
First Steps
Most excellent! Thank you!!!!
K_jaimes
Stepping Up

I can't believe this idea is in the works, so excited!! I just got my Charge HR and love everything except this one feature so that once I start tracking exercise and I am running I can know how long I have covered. Thank you for listening to our requests!

s2soto
Jogger

I use the Charge HR daily, it's a great product but what would really make it even better is if I could get a vibration notice at every mile or at every X mile option. I don't need exact gps tracking so this would give me a rough idea of where I'm at with mileage. I hate using a smartphone, etc, and having this option would be a great solution.

HenJ
First Steps

Could you add a feature in workout mode to tell me when it's time to turn around? So if I know I need to run 4 miles (or for 40 minutes), could it buzz after 2 (or 20)?

Thanks!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this idea! I really like this it. This virtual training can help you to stay motivated and focused on the activities you like the most. I wanted to encourage you to keep on voting so this idea can be more visible for our development team.

I hope to see this idea implemented soonSmiley Very Happy

learningtorun
Jogger

Agreed. I am training for my first 10K and would like to know when it's time to head back at the halfway point.

learningtorun
Jogger

I also would like a reminder, maybe a vibration at every mile mark.

prairiedoug
Jogger
Just use the Free Run setting...it vibrates at every mile and the display shows you your mile splits...mile pace and overall time for ten seconds.

Get Outlook for iOS
agkolbe
Jogger

I would love for a vibration as I hit 1 mile, 2 miles etc on a run! 

tldowell
First Steps

Can we get an option for it to vibrate every 1,000 steps or 2,500 steps? 

RunnerGirl1405
First Steps

Love this idea!  I had a Garmin and that is the one and only feature I miss now that I have a fitbit.  I feel the addition of wrist vibrate would make my fitbit complete.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.