View SpO2 % in app and don't require SpO2 clock face selection during sleep to capture %

The SpO2 clock face has to be selected during sleep to view actual SpO2 % range and avg value in morning. Devices that support SpO2 DO collect the data since it shows up on a sleep graph. It's just the value doesn't appear. This is such a silly implementation. Just show the value in the app and clock face regardless of the clock face during sleep.
173 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mbarylski, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about viewing SpO2 % in app and don't require SpO2 clock face selection during sleep to capture %. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DrJWo
Base Runner

Sounds like  a good idea to me. I'd also like the flexibility to have a more standard clock face and still be able to see the SpO2%.

mfs800
Recovery Runner

Same here. Tying the functionality of the SpO2 to a single clock face is ridiculous. Please make it functional at all times regardless of clock face. 

CindiLi
Strider

Yes it should just be under "today" on my watch like all of the other stats.  

ComradeF
Recovery Runner

I'm seriously considering returning my Sense and switching to Garmin over this. Get it together.

--------------------------------

Actually yeah, I'm sending my Sense back. What an awful disappointment -- and it's more than just the SpO2 problem. This is an unfinished product and a prime example of false advertising. I don't know what tracker I'll get next, but Fitbit has lost its status as my go-to.

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Sushi3456
Recovery Runner

I’m borderline about to send my sense back because of this. How stupid that you can’t just have a normal watchface for the spo2. This is basic stuff. Get it to get or you’ll lose more customers.

mlaerek
Base Runner

I agree with all of the above. It doesn’t make sense that SpO2 can only be seen with a specific face. 

GrouchyZee
Jogger

This needs to happen. The current implementation of SpO2 is cumbersome and not aligned with how the device was advertised- if I can’t choose my clock face while using all features the device has the capability to support that should be clear upfront.

Malcdenis
Jogger

I agree we definitely need an app to measure spO2 like on the apple watch etc

LilySinks
First Steps

I absolutely agree. the fact that we have to go through so many hoops just to see it is absolutely ridiculous. Whoever thought that was a good idea... clearly didn't really put a lot of thought into it. I've had my watch for 2 days. have had constantly trouble syncing, but finally getting it there, but i forgot to check back this morning to see my count, and now i have no way of knowing what it was.... uhhh... since it doesn't process right away, am i supposed to sit there for minutes on end staring at the watch til it finally processes? It's asinine. At least have it accessible in the app somewhere so we can review later. I have respiratory issues, and potentially apnea, id love to be able to log during my sleep, and keep a record to report to my doctor. but this is impossible. what good is it then? To have to remember to change my watch face every night, just to get the function that is clearly already there.... kinda... weird... and a hassle. makes it nearly pointless. Please, put some "Sense" into this and integrate it properly. It's bad enough to spend so much extra on a half functioning item, while we sit and wait for the rest to roll out.. seriously, why not wait til its actually complete to release it....? Again, please use some actual sense, it give us access to the functionality that's clearly already there, without having to jump through all the unnecessary hoops. 

KWumm
Jogger

I absolutely agree to the comments above. This simply isn't user friendly and as the change of the clock face sometimes freezes on my watch, the function sometimes just isn't available at all for me...

SPGmd
Strider

I could see the advantage of having it be a function that you can turn off if you do not want it, but it should NOT be tied to a specific watch face. I find the SpO2 watch face one of my least appealing faces. I have it loaded only so that I can make use of the SpO2 readings at night. 

mbarylski
Tempo Runner

@YojanaFitbit Almost 100 votes in less than 4 days. That seems rather significant. Can we get a response from the dev team about this request?

Pobster
Recovery Runner

I got rid of my Samsung active 2 for this!!! Another expensive incomplete watch. I thought Fitbit were the experts. Best they implement some fixes quickly and also give us the features we were led to believe would be on it at launch. I.e

Google assistant integration. 

Calling on watch.

Being able to take skin temp readings other than in sleep.

Being able to get sats while awake.

jinks
Recovery Runner

Yup, stop trying to save so much battery and make the thing actually work right.

Assuming of course the feeble CPU in these things can actually process all this at once. Right now the Sense feels like an Ionic with a new metal ring around it.

TomasD76
Recovery Runner

Agree 100% Having to select different watch face every night is ridiculous! 

This is a deal-breaker for me, after having Sense for 5 days I will be returning it, not only because of the SpO2 issue but also the sync issues on Android app, Stress Management section crashing all the time, etc...

Sense looks like a half baked device rushed into the market without proper testing. 

An expensive piece of rubbish right now. Done with Fitbit for now

susandennis
Recovery Runner

this. and as appalled as the rest that it isn't so

MattyZ
Jogger

Agreed with all above. Really disappointed that spO2 is tied to a watch face; definitely fell asleep one night before switching and lost that data. 

Also, now there have been several days where it hasn’t logged the data (even though it recorded it) to my metrics in the app. I’m losing data that I care about. I never thought it would be so complicated to see my spO2. Debating on sending it back. 

AddyRazz
Runner

It's just crazy having to install a clock face to see the SP02, doesnt make sense why you cannot see it within the app 

DaveS3
Runner

I agree with the suggestion. That said, I don't agree with the sentiments of the comments on returning the watch, etc. My own opinion is that this watch has arguably the most advanced sensors available on the market. It's clear that Fitbit desired to beat apple, garmin, others to market, including managing rumor leaks really tightly - hadn't seen any rumors before the announcement. So while I do fully expect the features to continue to improve and do hope O2 collection can be enabled without the watch face (even for just at night), I'm not going to return mine as I think it is highly innovative (temperature baseline, etc) and will get the benefits I can from it and hope that improvements can make it into this version (hopefully enabled by fitbit OS v5 .. hopefully that makes dev changes easier to make on the watch).

TomasD76
Recovery Runner

I have also Huawei Watch GT2 and guess what? It can do on-demand SpO2 measurement!

Just select the option - sit tight for 1 minute and here you go! 🙂

If Huawei can do it why Fitbit decided to go with the stupid clock face solution? No idea...

Fragwyz
Jogger

100% agree with the statements above that the implementation does not align at all with how the device is marketed. I've liked Fitbit watches specifically for the reason that I can customise the watch face and requiring I use a face from Fitbit to be able to access hardware features is absolutely ridiculous. Whomever is making the product calls for the devices needs to start thinking about the product from the user perspective.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to have the choice of watch faces too

laurebabus
Strider

Data should be available even using different face

_pauls
Recovery Runner

+1 for me. Seems like a massive limitation. I'm setting the face every night right now but eventually I will get bored of doing it, and SPO2 measurement is important for me as I suffer from sleep apnoea so I really want to see a record of how my SPO2 levels fluctuate over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.