View live heart rate zones on Fitbit app during workout

Ability to view live heart rate zones on mobile app during workout.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Minicooper813. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to view live heart rate zones on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

RunGary
Recovery Runner

YES!  I just purchased a Versa 3 because the Charge 2 I have used for the past 3 years has always been frustrating to read DURING  exercise.  It doesn't seem like Fitbit clock face designers are actual athletes as they create very stylish looks that don't provide the functionality needed.  During a run, I don't want to have to swipe to get different information and break my stride.  I would want to see on a simple clock face:

1. Elapsed Time

2. Pace

3. Heart Rate

4. Zone minutes (optional)

with as clear and bold a font as possible so that i get the info I need quickly

I am considering going to Garmin, who does this quite well, but does not have the sleep information..  Aghhh - shouldn't have to compromise at this price.

harpo666
Runner

Hi Minicooper813,

We have an App called 'Heart Zone' that shows heart rate zones.

It also shows heart rate on a gauge, elapsed time and buzzes if you go over a certain heart rate.

Heart Zone

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/63c6c7a9-5899-41a9-baf0-06e9749e0f5e

Minicooper813
First Steps

Harpo666, I searched that app and it looks like it only shows the HR zones on the watch face, not on the mobile app so I don't see how it's different. It also costs extra but is not fully supported by Fitbit. 

Thaddeusrex
Jogger
A full screen, LARGE number realtime display of my BPM on my phone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thaddeusrex, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see live heart rate on Fitbit app during workout. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

clearsight10
Jogger

I just spoke to fit bit support and they reported that the app for the charge 3 and 4 no longer
shows the current heart rate.
Please reinstate this feature.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @clearsight10, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see live heart rate on Fitbit app during workout. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Danny_k2800
First Steps
I have a question about the product / app - would it be possible to have a live function so you could have the app on while working out to see your hear rates / coloured training zones as you work?
MichaelJO
Base Runner

It will be important that you make sure I can see both the video/instructions for the exercise that I'm doing using the Fitbit app and the heart rate and heart rate zone that I am currently in. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MichaelJO! This option is not available for the moment. This is a great suggestion, I've moved it into a similar request that had already been posted in the forums, this helps to keep the Community more organized and prevents the votes from users to be split between similar suggestions. This option is not available for the moment. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community! 

Frybr1975
First Steps
Either through an app, or preferably the watch itself, I want to be able to see my heart rate (and zones) live during a workout without turning off. I don’t care if it takes extra battery life, the whole point for me buying a heart rate monitor for working out, is to monitor DURING the workout, not just find out how my heart rate was afterwards.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Frybr1975, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of seeing your heart rate zones live on the app or watch. I've merged your suggestion herethis helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. You also vote for the following suggestions: 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

charleskn
Distance Runner

One of the things I love the most about my Polar HR tracker is the ability to track my heart rate live. I like to do this during cardio training indoors, so that I can work to keep my HR within a certain range. Adding a live monitor to the Fitbit app would be a great addition. Allowing third party apps to access the HR data would be nice, too.

Lozza999
First Steps

It looks like this feature was added a few months ago as an optional overlay on the fitbit workout videos and was great, but viewed a workout video today and it’s gone again. Any ideas what happened? Used it for a few months and was really helpful, didn’t have to keep looking at my watch during the exercise. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.