Voice Text for Versa - To respond msg

Voice to text msg response would be great for this watch! Bluetooth headphones usually have mics on them and that's what I use for working out and listening to music

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @Fran001!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fran001, this is a great suggestion! I think that it might help a lot of users who uses headphones throughout the day. Let's see what other think.

Fran001
Jogger

Thank you 😊

PaulG1135
First Steps

I thought this would have this or at least be coming down the track, as you did buy pebble and my good old pebble did this really well..

Catiem1
First Steps

I wish you would update the versa to voice response for texting and email like the Apple Watch or at atlest update to keyboard 

Catiem1
First Steps

I would love this 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Catiem1! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Luck_E_Stars
Recovery Runner

Love it, if you added a Mic to versa so we can actually communicate in phone calls through versa. Or leave a message via talk to text for Facebook messenger app and so on..just a suggestion, thank you

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Luck_E_Stars, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. A very similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

googleuser
Jogger

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 that I love but I cannot stand the flimsy screen protectors that peel off after a couple weeks.  After a week of researching screen protection on smart watches - it looks like this is a mandatory thing to do with all smart watches if you don't want scratches.

I am considering upgrading however it looks like I will have to wait because you don't have the talk to text feature yet available or GPS (optional on/off to save battery life) on the Versa 2.  I am not interested in pre-set quick reply text messages.  I prefer talk to text.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our newest Fitbit Versa 3. You can find more details here.

@Fran001, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.