Wake Charge 5 screen when notification is received

I own a Charge 5. When notifications are received,the watch vibrates but the notification is only displayed if I lift the wrist (around 50% of the times doesn't work) or forcefully tap on the device (with a delay of 1-2 secs). This happens regardless of whether the screen is set to be always on or not. I would like notifications to wake the screen

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Blake79, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about waking your Charge 5 screen when a notification is received with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

John-21
Base Runner

This would be a very useful feature; could be optional being turned off by default to keep the current behaviour.

droppedD
First Steps

This was already done for the Charge 3 (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Charge-3-Screen-should-turn-on-when-a-notificati...) so this seems like a regression that you *can't* do it on the Charge 5.

WinterPhoenix
Jogger

I'm coming from a Garmin Vivoactive 4, and before that a Pebble Time. Being able to just glance at my wrist without making a deliberate motion/tap to "wake" the screen has been a given for me up until now.

I can understand wanting to keep battery life up obviously, but I'd really like the option. Especially if Always-On Display is turned on.

+1

DanRoz
First Steps

This is a must feature. Has anything progressed since this request was first logged? 

johnmudd
First Steps

Ditto on Sense 2.

gorton_girl
First Steps

Is there any update on this? Really frustrating that it doesn't wake the screen

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.