Wall outlet charger for Fitbit devices

I would like to see a wall charger that power your fitbits.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

14 Comments
Wizz-J
Jogger
I would like to be able to charge my device safely anywhere without a computer. Having an adaptor For an electric plug would be nice! Thanks
Wizz-J
Jogger
I would like to be able to charge my device safely anywhere without a computer.
I had a Flex that could be charge with the electrical adaptor of my cell phone.
Would it be possible to buy an electrical loader adaptor for my Fitbit, it would be easier to use the electrical network than a computer sometimes.
Michael
5K Racer

@Wizz-J You can use any USB power source to charge any of the Fitbits. (As long as your have the correct Fitbit cable for your tracker.)

So you can use a car lighter adapater, USB battery source, or any other USB power supply you could charge a phone from.

Wizz-J
Jogger
Thank you!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That is a very interesting option @Wizz-J, to have a Fitbit adapter to be able to plug the charger to the wall. You can use any standard USB wall charger but this sounds better! I will send your idea to our developers so they can take it into consideration.

Thanks!

WDBofVA
Jogger

I is awkard to have to take the Blaze out of its band to charge it. It looks like a USB charge cable could be made that would magnetically latch over the connection pads on the back of the Blaze if magnetic alignment sites were added.

Arpit
First Steps

Wouldn't it be nice if Fitbit could develop a wall mounting charger for the charge HR or their whole line up which doubles up as a charger for the iPhone? I find it really annoying to charge my charge hr via the laptop

Moderator edit: labels

mydonspace
Recovery Runner

It's not necessary to plug you tracker in your laptop or PC to charge it.  I charge my HR with my cell phone wall adapter all the time especially when traveling.

SteveH
Community Legend

Current wall chargers work fine, such as the one you have for your phone. Fitbit do suggest though that the charger is UL or CE certified

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A PRACTICE test with an USBport multimeter. So that's the results:

Charging device: Port idle/Fitbit Surge connected

USB Toshiba computer port: 5,19V/5,16V
USB Dell computer port: 5,19V/5,12V

APPLE 1A wall charger: 5,22V/5,22V

Garmin wall charger: 5,2V/5,19V

BQ 2A wall charger: 5,12V/5,06V

MI 10000mAh powerbank: 5,2V/5,14V

Internet router with USB port: 5,32V/Not tested

LG 5V 1,2A wall charger: 4,98V/5,00V

Uncertyfied China wall chargers idle (tracker was already fully charged so not tested while charging): 4,98V and 5,2V.

The current stays ALWAYS(!!!) stable at the level of 0,07A (NO MATTER WHICH DEVICE WE USE) for the whole period of charging and drops to zero in the last phase.
-------

For people who do not understand what I wrote above I'll make it short and clear: IT IS BETTER TO CHARGE YOUR DEVICE WITH LG 1,2A or BQ 2A WALL CHARGER THAN WITH USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 should give ~0,5A) of Your computer. Chine stuff without LU certificate look also better that an UL Garmin charger that I got with my Forerunner110.

That is what all Your "wise" discussion was worth.

Best regards

Marcin

suecarrigN
First Steps

I have a fitbit Surge and I find the charge is in an awkward spot on the watch. Its very hard to attach and the cable keeps popping out. It would make since it they had a clip on so it would attach correctly.  I just had to order a new charger and my Surge is less than a year old.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner your chart doesn't mention anything about current. Your comment about 0.07A to charge the tracker, means that the usb port on a laptop could easily charge the tracker.  Being rated at 0.50A or more than 5 times higher then the 007A.

Ghe charging circuit itself, with proper heat sink can hadle an input voltage of 30V.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dan8507 thanks for sharing your suggestion. As other commenters' have shared, we recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your device. We don't have currently have plans to produce and ship chargers that can plug into regular plus sockets in the home for example. Thanks

Jstone82
First Steps

I would also like to see a wall charger provided.  I had used an older one and it was not charging the fitbit properly.  I happened to have a newer one with an iPhone that I purchased and that seemed to work for a while.  Now this one is not working either.  My Fitbit is out of power after one day.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.