Weekly Calorie Deficit for Previous Weeks

I know this has been asked for before, but I don't understand why you haven't provided a way for users to see their weekly total calorie deficit for past weeks, not just the current week as you do now. If I miss recording the number at the end of the week, I have to then manually go back and calculate the calories in and out for each day. Please, please provide a way to see calorie deficit for previous weeks.  That is an important tool to weight loss, the longer term view.  Is there a way to download this data perhaps without it being displayed if you can't provide that (don't know why you couldn't though)  The "see more" option when you go from that tile, really doesn't give you the true "see more" for that statistic.  Thanks!

40 Comments
ljb4
Jogger

You have lots of graphs that keep track of previous numbers such as weight, BMI, steps, etc.  It would be nice to have a chart that keeps track of calorie deficit for previous weeks also.  There is no way to actually see the previous total calorie deficit because it never totals it out for the whole week on Sunday.  Then you have to manually go back and add it up from the "calories in vs out" chart.  There is no place to record it so you can see trends of calorie deficits.  Since your food plans are set up based on deficits, it doesn't make sense you do not have this feature.  This is a subject that has been brought up before but just gets a reviewed status.  Your customers have been requesting this feature for several years. 

Thank you for taking this into consideration.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ljb4, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback having a graph for weekly calorie deficit for previous weeks. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

You can find information about how does Fitbit decide what Feature Suggestions are released on this site.

GetBetter
Jogger
Line graph, x-axis = time, y-axis = number of calories so I can compare how my calorie burn right now compares to the last 1, 3 or 5 days. Show lines for recent days laid on top of each other in different colors, so I can see as of 12pm today I've burned 700 calories, but at this time yesterday I was at 1,000 calories so I need to step it up!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GetBetter, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see weekly calorie deficit for previous weeks. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

michellek25
Recovery Runner

It would be great to see weekly calorie deficit!!

Annelijn
First Steps

I'd just like to +1 this request. As for many people, my food plan and losing weight is based on a weekly calorie deficit so having some more insight into that would be very helpful. 

FootChase
First Steps

I would really like for Fitbit to track and graph my calorie deficit (or surplus) similarly to how track weight, body fat percentage, sleep and sleep: By day, week, month, three months, year, and all."

Fallenline
First Steps

Please enable this feature. 

Katphilia
Jogger

This is a simple and much-requested feature. Please enable it!

Millerford
First Steps

Yes, please add a graph that shows calorie deficit for the week or month. It would be nice if you could adjust by selecting the dates you want to see your total deficit. 

Pshb
First Steps

Can we incorporate this please. After 5 years thanks 

kgardner323
First Steps

Please incorporate this feature! This is clearly something users have asked for for years. Other companies offer it... it's very disappointing this isn't an option.

mickeyj36
First Steps
As a user, I'd like to view my end of week performance of total calories in/out rather than avg weekly calories
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mickeyj36, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see your weekly performance of calories in/out . I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

depp_thought
First Steps

A very easy solution to this problem would be to allow an "Easiest" option with 0 calories deficit. That would lead to the desired "pure" calorie deficit being shown (see picutre below). With the already built-in daily and weekly stats you would get exactly what you're looking for, e.g. the daily / weekly deficit summed up. A low hanging fruit, I would say @ Fitbit. 😀

Calorie deficit: Add a 0 "Easiest" option.

This would lead to a 0 being shown on this screen.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.