Workout distance summary

please add section that display all my workout's distance (such as cycling total distance, or running) like endomondo or similar apps. (for surge's user)

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity, format and labels.

7 Comments
Damons
Recovery Runner

I would like to be able to see more stats on my workouts. If i select Pilates, workout, weights, Circuit training all I get for a summary is calories, average heart rate and time. (see current picture) This device is a step counter and if I am doing any type of exercise I would like to see my steps and if I am doing an intense workout I would like to see my max heart rate. 20150925_095717.jpg

Jrdubyakc
Cross-Country Runner

Yes!  This is a great idea.  I always want to see this info at the end of my workout and never have my phone handy!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing this amazing idea! I think this would be a really good feature 🙂 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tons and commenters, thanks for your suggestion.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. Ionic is a motivating timepiece packed with fitness guidance, health insights, music storage, apps, and more. You can learn more about Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionicor compare the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

I think your suggestion is a good one, so I took the liberty of changing the label and title so that it is applicable to future products and exercise developments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Ellie1989
Jogger
I want to know how far I've run each month. Not ambient steps, just the distance of runs. This would be really useful for each activity e.g. cycling.
There's a log of each activity but not a total of the distance!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ellie1989, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see distance summary of all workouts on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.