XL Bands for Charge 3

Currently I have the Alta HR tracker.  I like to wear my fitbit on my ankle so that it counts all my steps.  I have found when I wear it on my wrist it doesn't count my biking, pushing a stroller or pushing a grocery cart.  I have gotten around this by purchasing the XL band and wearing my tracker on my ankle.  Waalaa, no more missing steps. 

However, I was looking to upgrade to the new Charge 3 since it is waterproof.  The problem is that an XL band is not sold for the Charge 3, I need 9" the large band only goes to 8.6".   I think it would be beneficial if you would offer the option of purchasing an XL band with all of your products.  

Thanks for your consideration. 

27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@janetnmi thank you for sharing your suggestion with us! We will be glad to hear what other users think about this idea. Smiley Happy 

Although wearing your tracker on the ancle has offered a solution for your situation, we always recommend to use the Fitbit devices according to this instructions: How do I wear my tracker?

andku85
First Steps

I currently have a fitbit charge 2 xl. I wear it on the 3rd or 4th hole. I think the large band may be to short. I would like a xl band for the charge 3. but also would like to know if i can buy the adapters(nubs) from the woven band. I think selling the adapters to let users make custom bands would be a nice option. I would love to have the outdoors wristband, the woven rope with a compass aka survival rope. or even just make a longer band so i can have the size i need to match. but i feel this might open a new market.

Capture.PNG

159051.01-1.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @andku85! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

"XL Bands for Charge 3"

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

andku85
First Steps

hi @YojanaFitbit the reason why I added the reference to the XL Band since the idea will give people the option to make what ever size band they want, and since I was looking at the charge 3 that's why I placed it under that category. I didn't want this to get lost in the suggestions.

Another suggestions should be a conversion chart based on products you have and what size band will match. An example would be charge 3 large is a charge 2 large with 3 extra holes (not actually checked but wanted the idea). another example is a charge 3 large is charge 2 xl minus 4 holes. this will help people when they upgrade. size in inches is one thing but to note the hole comparison will help people buy the right size bands since they can compare to what they have.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @andku85, thanks for responding to my post and for adding those details. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

foz77
First Steps

I am also interested in a larger band.  My wrist is about 8.8" and too large for the large band.  I have been interested in getting a Fitbit, but haven't jumped on board due to the wrist bands not being large enough.  I really like the features of this new model and would love to get a Charge 3. Unfortunately, that won't happen unless and XL band becomes available.  

smithcferg
First Steps

I also need a large band.  Just over 9".  There should be something for people with big wrists, it doesn't have to be a wide selection, but something . . .

"Size Matters"

tlwynn
First Steps

Charge 3 large band is to small.  The HR XL was perfect.

Please give us an option for XL on Charge 3 and newer products moving forward.

Chazman2k
Jogger

I also would like to recommend an XL band for a Fitbit customer I just spoke with over the phone. She also likes to wear her Fitbit's around her ankle and the new Charge 3 band does not allow her to wear it in the same way she's use to.

LukeUSF
Jogger

I have been reading a lot of forums about the XL bands and so far any response from Fitbit is boilerplate. We have made small changes and don't care that our product doesn't fit you anymore is what I am getting. I have even done a couple chats to ask about XL bands and get the response that our current bands fit most people and that appears to be good enough for Fitbit. So, I will now start looking for fitness trackers that will fit all people, like Garmin.

LL_Dewey
First Steps

I am on the second to last hole on my band and its tight and using the last hole doesn't seem too secure. An extra large band or making the large a hole or two bigger would be helpful.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Skipbit
First Steps

Purchased new Charge 3 because it's waterproof. I have a large wrist, so had to add larger band. But there was just one. So you have to wear a small buckle band and a large band which now doesn't sit on my wrist straight. The buckle is on the side of my wrist and when it sits in the center of my wrist, the face of my Fitbit is on the side of my wrist. There has to be a better way. 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Skipbit, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

KLP1
First Steps

Fitbit really needs to come up with a larger band for the burly guys in life!

My boyfriend is 6'4" and I would have loved to purchase any Fitbit for him today but his wrist circumference is 12in and Fitbit doesn't make something that large..   his wrist is just huge.....
I'm sure that there are others out there that have the same problem.  Even some type of 

extension to the large band to best suit someone with a large wrist would be better than

nothing!!!  

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @KLP1! Thank you for sharing your idea about larger Fitbit bands. This feature suggestion already exist, this is why I moved your suggestion here. Please do not forget to give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button. 

DFBorders
First Steps

Please add more band sizes to the Charge 3.  Many people I know use the FitBits to lose weight.  When the Large band barely fits it makes things difficult when your body swells when you are working out or sleeping or retaining water.  I see others have already requested more sizes.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DFBorders! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Pat329
First Steps

Xl wristbands / why so difficult to find

Nalorac1
Jogger

I am an above average person as is a couple of co-workers of mine. I am currently using a FitBit Charge 2 with an XL band. My Charge 2 was purchased with the extra large band and it fits the last hole. My wrist measures approximately 265mm / 10.4 inches. I was thinking of upgrading my FitBit Charge 2 to a waterproof device for the summer swim season and had my friend convinced to get a FitBit also. A third co-worker was admiring my FitBit Charge 2 to today and he has the similar wrist dimensions. I searched for FitBit device on your web site today. I was having trouble finding a FitBit product that supports my wrist size. I chatted with Jessica who informed me the largest FitBit bands go to these days is 8.7 inches. Unfortunately, I directed them to the FitBit site before I had the chat with FitBit product support. None of the new FitBit product lines come with a comparable XL band size. I'm kinda embarrassed now, I will have to tell them to forget getting a Fitbit because FitBit does not support above average people. Hope you change your mind.

JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@Nalorac1   Not to negate your suggestion, but I think you can find third-party band extenders on Amazon, as a less than ideal work-around.

Nalorac1
Jogger

Thanks for the suggestion. But that's like putting aftermarket off-shore rims on your brand new Cadillac.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nalorac1, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Pheature
First Steps

The new large wrist bands are too small, they will fit but only on the last hole and only if it's too tight to be comfortable. This leads  to always having a little tab of a band hanging off that I can't pin down that looks stupid and catches on things. I don't understand why you would take a product that used to be great and have options to meet the needs of all those interested in making use of your products and suddenly deciding that you don't care about a certain subset of customers?

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pheature, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility to have extra large wristbands available again with Charge 3 and other devices, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.