YouTube Music App

It's been almost a month now and a huge product like the Fitbit has only a couple of apps, and one music app. So I was hoping you guys can add the YouTube Music app, since it allows access to a huge selection of music videos and audios. Also the app have 100 song downloaded for offline use. It chooses them based on your taste and updates them every now and then.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

356 Comments
Esmeliz
Jogger

Reiterating what many people have said before - This would be REALLY good to have as soon as possible! 🙂 Especially since transferring our oun music files from the computer to the watch is no longer supported.

Abhifunk88
First Steps

Hey.. I just bought a fitbit versa 3 and one of the main reason to buy this watch was it's offline music capabilities so that I do not have to take my phone with me while on the run. What I just realised is that the Spotify app does not support offline music and Pandora and Deezer are not supported in India and there is no other way that I can transfer my personal music to the watch. So basically the most important feature I was excited bout is not there and it's the case with all customers from India. I would suggest  you to please include other apps as well so that everyone can enjoy the feature of this awesome watch.

4Shizzle
Recovery Runner

Please add YouTube music App to Versa 3 with the functionality to play music without an active BT phone connection like the Deezer App currently does.  As FitBit is now under the Google umbrella i would of expected this to of been done by now.  I was so disappointed when i realized my Versa 3 only had Deezer app offline music playback functionality.  If only i read the reviews thoroughly beforehand hey!!

Jo3G
First Steps
Now that Google owns Fitbit, add YouTube Music for your Premier users, to service them better and encourage other users to join Fitbit!
Rex_LYK
Jogger

Yes please add youtube music to fitbit especially sense 2 and versa 4 that have no 3rd party apps like Spotify 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jo3G, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding YouTube Music app on all our compatible Fitbit devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Rex_LYK
Jogger
To have the music streaming apps in the device for better music experience
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rex_LYK, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding YouTube Music to the Versa 4 and Sense 2 with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

piffle
First Steps

OfThe purchase of Fitbit closed in early 2021, yet the Fitbit I bought just this year (Versa 3) doesn't even support YouTube Music as I had assumed it would (because why wouldn't it!?).

YouTube Music shouldn't even need community members begging for it, and it's embarrassing that it's been overlooked this long. 

As someone with YouTube premium, a Pixel phone, a Fitbit, and Google's speakers throughout the home, this is how you end up losing customers.

rsandifer
First Steps

Since this was suggested 5 years ago, is it a dead issue now?

AdanMoses
First Steps

Google owning Fitbit and it not having a YouTube Music App is peak Google lol. No more Google products for me!

Ixxtabb
Base Runner

Uhhhhhh .... it took 3 years before it got marked "under consideration", and another 3 years after that it still isn't implemented. 6 years and they're still considering it... That's pretty **ahem** incredible, NGL...

DaveyC74
Jogger

Does anyone from Google actually read this suggestions section? Now they have killed off all other music options perhaps they could give us access to YouTube Music? Even media controls on the watch (something my £20 MI Band could manage) would be a start. Fitbit products are starting to look like they have the same future as Stadia....

k so I just found media controls! But the rest still stands. Please can we have YouTube music and (because why not) Google Wallet too. Thank you

honmanlee
Jogger

adding youtube app will be great

Isak.emanuel
Keeping Pace

Five years now, still under consideration? how long does it take for the status to move from under consideration to implementation?

surfing19
Recovery Runner

Please add support for versa2. It would be ideal since I already subscribe to Youtube Premium.  

Hppyendings1
First Steps

Disappointed to find there is still no YouTube Music integration on devices like Charge 4 - aren't music control apps fairly standard and across the board in 2023? Particularly as Fitbit is owned by Google. Really bizarre I'm commenting on a 5 year old thread in 2023. I've had numerous, cheaper and more basic devices by competitors that have this functionality. 

Lmorris052590
First Steps

Why hasn't youtube been added to the fitbit versa 3 yet?

WindyLDN
First Steps

Google Fitbit watch

Google YouTube music

Integration

Surely? 

Jodek
First Steps

Youtube music is still not available on Fitbit watches? I've been very patient and like the Fitbit UI very much, but now that I urgently need a new watch I will be forced to leave Fitbit because their OWN YT Music app is not available!

surfing19
Recovery Runner

I am in agreement.   If the new CEO of youtube plan was to force the removal of other music services from there products, in order to have consumers to subscribe to youtube premium then this plan needs to be implemented in the next 30 days.   If not, I would predict to see the fitbit lineup on the clearance rack.   What a waste, over some code writing. 

I see now why the very loved CEO was so loved.  Under her rule, it seems to me as a consumer that she steered the company to provide a very useful service to us for very little cost, now that has changed. 

Balicha
First Steps

It's 2023 and they still haven’t added this feature. As a YouTube music user this’d be incredible to manage my music on the watch instead of taking out my phone. 
Fitbit team please add this app! 

Emguerrero
First Steps

Please, please, please add YouTube Music!

artyonline
First Steps
Its been already years since the community asks for it. I dont really think
they will ever do it:(
Fwally
First Steps

What's the status of this???

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.