use of M7 chip

Hi.

I just wanted to share two M7-related feature requests.

While it is great that you just added M7 support for those that don't have an actual fitbit device, it would be even better if it could be used simultaneously with the real fitbit device.

scenario 1: I went on vacation, forgot to charge the fitbit, and did a lot of hiking. When I returned, all of that data was lost. Had I been able to use the m7 data from my iPhone (which I had with me the whole time) there would not be such a big gap.

scenario 2: two friends of mine with FitBit Forces have persistent problems with the registration of movements in the car while driving to work. This can show up as much as 3000 steps over the course of a 20-minute ride. When they compare the step count against that recorded by the iPhone, the iPhone seems to successfully ignore these motions. It would seem to be possible to combine the data from both the fitbit and the M7 to provide even more accurate results than either could alone.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

2 Comments
rbrian
Recovery Runner

I came here to suggest the exact same thing!  Imagine how more accurate it could be by combining both sets of data.

Status changed to: Released
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us @chrisperfer and apologies for the delay. Last January we implemented our MobileTrack feature which uses the M7 chip to track steps, calories burned, and active minutes. 

When it comes to the second scenario that you described, please upvote and comment on this drive mode feature request. Also, if you happen to get steps while driving, I'd recommend negating them by logging driving in your activity log.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.