Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to create own Clockface is really cool!

ANSWERED

I don't know much Javascript but the instructions on the website are really pretty spot-on. I was able to figure it out and get everything working. My only problem is I am stuck with a red screen because my fitbit battery level is low and it won't let me Enable the Developer Bridge to load the image. I'm stuck at work where I designed this, now I have to wait to go home, charge my fitbit and try again. It would be better if the hardware didn't have this requirement - I keep pressing the button nervously worried that I'm going to use up the charge and I can't see what the charge is because I'm on a red screen. I also can't reset the clockface back to the original fitbit Sense clock.

I am impressed by the community here. I think it's pretty awesome of fitbit to basically Open Source the watch to developers, unlike Apple who jealously guard their source code and make it difficult for developers. I am hoping to see a lot of new apps fostered in this community. I'd like to see a security app like Google Authenticator. I also hope Audible and Overdrive make apps for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to remove the clockface you're developing from within the Developer area of the Fitbit app on your phone. This should allow the previous clockface to be displayed again.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to remove the clockface you're developing from within the Developer area of the Fitbit app on your phone. This should allow the previous clockface to be displayed again.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mircalla  -  you can't transfer developer clocks to the watch via the bridge if the battery level is below 25%.

However on the watch you can swipe the face to the left and tap on the Clocks launch icon to change faces.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I did it! Is there some way to get my clock face in the gallery so I can easily switch between my custom one and the other one I like? It seems cumbersome to go through the Fitbit app to switch back and forth and be constantly reinstalling my custom clockface just to show people, and switch back to the more versatile one that shows my steps, which involves deleting the custom one off my phone in order to switch because otherwise I get that error "Failed to install, please try again later."

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mircalla  - On the watch if you swipe left, and click on the Clocks icon you can change between any loaded clocks.

As long as the custom one has a different UUID you can load both faces to the watch.

For the custom one, rename the package.json to something else,

• do a build and it will create a new one with a different UUID,
  • adjust the new package.json to have the right settings,
  • then do a build  and publish it [to create something you can publish]
  • you can load that to the watch via run with the developer bridge
  • or by creating another entry in the Gallery Application Manager and adding the built item to it.

Doing it via the GAM you get a private link to the custom face and you can load it by clicking on the link and which opens in the browser [must be portrait mode and not iPad, due a bug] and the click "OPEN APP" to install it

Although it's published in the GAM, it's not approved, so it is entirely private and the link can be shared to other users privately for them to see / test.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer