Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Sense data through USB charger

ANSWERED

Hi,

I'm trying to code an app for my Sense which stores sensors data in binary files into the smatwatch.

I would like to know if it's possible to directly access those files on my computer (Windows 11) from the watch through the USB charger or not ? Or do I have to code a companion app on a smartphone to access the data first ? 

Thank you for your help 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The latter.

You'll also need your companion app to onforward the data to a server somewhere (which could be on the same phone), because the companion app itself can't store files that are accessible on the phone.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The latter.

You'll also need your companion app to onforward the data to a server somewhere (which could be on the same phone), because the companion app itself can't store files that are accessible on the phone.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh so it's not even possible to access the data directly through the companion app ? Even if it's connected via USB to a computer ? That's annoying 😞 

Thank you for your answer ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid not. The Companion API doesn't even include methods to access the phone's file system.

You can use fetch() to send files from companion to a server. I think there's at least one web site that can capture files for you, or you could write your own server and host it somewhere. (In theory, you could do that on your Windows box, but setting up the required security is very difficult.) Or you could write a server that runs on your phone; that requires less security hurdles.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I see, I'll try to do that then ! Thank you 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes