Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Sensor Data from Fitbit Watch without Using the Official API: Seeking Guidance and Recomme

Hello everyone!

I am exploring the possibility of developing a mobile application that can access the sensor information from a Fitbit watch, such as beats per minute, without using Fitbit's official API. As a passionate programmer, I am intrigued by the technical challenges involved and would like to better understand how this might be achieved.

My specific questions for the community are:

1. **Technologies and Protocols**: What technologies and protocols should I explore to communicate directly with the Fitbit watch? Does anyone have experience working with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) in this context?
2. **Legal Considerations**: Are there specific legal or ethical considerations I should be aware of when attempting to access the data without using the official API?
3. **Resources and Examples**: Are there resources, tutorials, or examples that might help me better understand how to interact directly with the watch's sensors?

I understand that this is complex and possibly delicate terrain, and I appreciate any guidance, warnings, or advice you may be able to offer.

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge!

Best regards,
Alejandro

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @asu101a - for starters have a look at this similar post Unofficial way to communicate with Fitbit without using the app or sending data?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes