Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing file on Fitbit Ionic smartwatch

Hi all,

I'm writing a data logging app on my Ionic to track activity from an accelerometer sampled at 50 Hz using the sensor API in Fitbit OS 2.0. I'm writing the timestamps, x, y, and z axes data to a binary file. Now my question is: how do I access this file to transfer it to a computer where I can read it? Actually, some of the FS sample code writing files to /mnt/assets/resources hasn't worked either. Does Fitbit Studio provide a device file manager (like for example, Android Studio) or a command line tool to access the device's mass storage? 

Thanks for any suggestions or insights into this,

Rich

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I'm currently doing similar project with sensor data gathering. Would love to know if there is an easier way than this Smiley Frustrated:

The only way I found to do this was to read the file again after you are done collecting. Send back to companion as JSON via Bluetooth. From companion using fetch() to send the data to some self-hosted server.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I was worried it might require something more complicated like that. Until now I've been able to save some files but have no idea where they've been saved- according to the documentation they're stored in the apps private folder. Seems risky though since I can imagine over time that sdcard would get filled up pretty quickly if not properly managed. Also who knows how much storage is allocated to an app in the first place. Too many unknowns and little transparency..

Best Answer
0 Votes