Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An important update about the rollout of Fitbit OS 2.2

As you may have noticed, the rollout of Fitbit OS 2.2 has been taking longer than expected. This is primarily due to a firmware upgrade issue that is affecting some users who received the update. We have been contacting those affected users to provide instructions and ensure they have a smooth transition updating to the new firmware.

Until this rollout is complete, you may wish to target SDK 1.0 to ensure your application updates continue to be available to all users. If your application specifically requires functionality in SDK 2.0, or you wish to update your device now, then you can perform a factory reset and your device will be upgraded to Fitbit OS 2.2. Please note that factory resetting your device clears all data including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps, however all of your Fitbit data is still available in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I just performed a factory reset and received 2.2. Looking forward to testing applications on it directly. Can you provide any feed back related to having less memory available compared to v1 SDK?

Best Answer

@wiseman13 wrote:

I just performed a factory reset and received 2.2. Looking forward to testing applications on it directly. Can you provide any feed back related to having less memory available compared to v1 SDK?

Thanks, I've passed this onto the firmware team.

Best Answer

Is there an ETA on when the firmware issues are resolved and we should start targeting framework 2.0 again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jomis003 wrote:

Is there an ETA on when the firmware issues are resolved and we should start targeting framework 2.0 again?

We'll notify when it's a good time, no fixed ETA yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbiti think i am one of the affected users of the 2.2 update.  Its stuck in eternal boot loop after trying to get 2.2 update.  now the ionic is unusable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any more update on when the version 2.0 will be rolled out to devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bump. 

Over a month and still not fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha.  Never mind.  3.0 It is...

Best Answer