Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 3.48 Sideloading

Hello,

I'm using Fitbit Studio to make an app for the Fitbit Sense, using a physical Sense watch alongside Fitbit App version 3.48 running on my Samsung Galaxy A5. However, when building & running the app in Fitbit Studio, the companion will frequently fail to sideload, showing an animated spinner on the mobile beneath "Sideloaded Apps" while simultaneously appearing green-lit on Fitbit Studio.

Sideloaded or not, the app still runs on Fitbit Studio - executing the wearable code - but no companion code gets executed, not even console logs. The sideload will often fail as the code is running, as well.

By contrast, the companion code - and app as a whole - runs consistently when using Fitbit OS Simulator, instead of an Android phone. So,

1) I know there was an Android-specific sideloading issue in 3.47, was that confirmed to be fixed in 3.48 - or is this a separate issue?
2) Is there a recommended way to get it to work without manually disconnecting then reconnecting the developer bridge and refreshing Fitbit Studio periodically? (this sometimes takes a lot of refreshes and restarts)

3) Should I expect any similar sideloading issues in a production environment?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, there is another solution. Rename your package.json and rebuild the app. It will generate a new package.json which you will need to configure. Once configured rebuild the app to completion.

Create a new project in the Gallery Application Manager and add the new build to it.

Use its link to load it as any app from the gallery but the link is for your private use.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes