Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate a line off of heart rate

ANSWERED

I am trying to create an animated line that will go from 0 to 100 across the X axis and then I wanted to take the batched heartRate data and animate the line on the Y axis based off of the current heart beat at each index. (If I wasn't clear there is a Fitbit app called HR Graph that basically is the idea I want to use.)

I have been able to animate the line across using an animation tag but I cannot get the Y axis to move at all. I've tried multiple things so far but I basically have a line animating across the X axis right now:

Index.gui

<svg class="background">  
    <symbol id="animatedHRLine" >
    <g id="hrGroup">
      <animateTransform id="hrTranslate" attributeType="scale"
        from="0,1" to="1,1" begin="enable" dur="20"/>
        <line id="hrLine" x1="0" y1="120" y2="120" fill="red" stroke-width="2" />
    </g>
  </symbol>
   <use id="hrActive" href="#animatedHRLine" width="100%" height="100%" />
</svg>

index.js

import document from "document";
import { HeartRateSensor } from "heart-rate";
import { display } from "display";
import { me } from "appbit";

const hrLine = document.getElementById("hrLine");
const hrGroup = document.getElementById("hrGroup");
const hrActive = document.getElementById("hrActive");

let hrm = null;
let timeStamps;
let bpm;
let currentHeartRate;
let currentTime;

// Activates animation after 1s, sets end of the X axis to match Ionic screen width
setTimeout(function() {
    hrActive.animate("enable"); 
    hrLine.x2 = 348;
}, 1000);

// Check if user granted persmission
if (me.permissions.granted("access_heart_rate")) {
   console.log('Permission Granted');
   hrm = new HeartRateSensor({ frequency: 1, batch: 10 });

} else { console.log('Permission Denied') };

// Return batched readings
hrm.onreading = function() {
  currentHeartRate = hrm.heartRate;
  currentTime = hrm.timestamp;
  for (let index = 0; index < hrm.readings.timestamp.length; index++) {
    timeStamps = hrm.readings.timestamp;
    bpm = hrm.readings.heartRate;
    heartRateReadings(timeStamps, bpm);
  }
};

// 
function heartRateReadings(time, bpm) { 
  for(let i = 0; i < bpm.length; i++) {
    let heartRate = 50 + (currentHeartRate - bpm[i]);

hrGroup.groupTransform.scale.y = heartRate;
  }
}

hrm.start();

I want to use an animationTransform tag & then use Javascript to animate the g tag but I'm not sure if that is possible. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That particular app has 300+ <line> elements spread across the X axis, then adjusts the y1/y2 values based on the heart rate. I hope that helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

That particular app has 300+ <line> elements spread across the X axis, then adjusts the y1/y2 values based on the heart rate. I hope that helps.

Best Answer

Perfect, thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This link may not work, and it doesn't sound quite like what you're trying to do, but if you've got any questions about how it operates (or not), ...

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your help, my computer was broken for about 2 1/2 weeks and I finally just recovered the majority of my stuff. The idea I am trying to make is basically just a line that is animating horizontally across the screen of the Fitbit. The line will move up and down the Y axis based off of heart rate and keep the shape created based on these movements up and down. Very similar to the HR Graph app, but as a clock face.

I wanted to ask when you say across the X axis, are these line elements vertical?

There are other things I am going to add(this is an idea from my nephew that I am trying to create), but I just want to make sure I can do this animation before I go ahead and build a full clock around it.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes