Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App icon

ANSWERED

I might be blind, but I don't seem to see any reference on how to change the app icon that I am developing. It shows on my watch as a fitbit logo. Any hints?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you look at the build messages, you will see this:

• There is no app icon present in this project. To set an app icon, add a 80x80 PNG file named resources/icon.png to your project.

Just upload the file to the resources folder and name it icon.png and it should work.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

If you look at the build messages, you will see this:

• There is no app icon present in this project. To set an app icon, add a 80x80 PNG file named resources/icon.png to your project.

Just upload the file to the resources folder and name it icon.png and it should work.

Best Answer

But how do we upload files to our project while using the web version of Fitbit Studio?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Drag them in column on the left of the browser window from finder/windows explorer

Best Answer

it did not work for me

Best Answer

yeah even after uploading the icon error is still present.

Best Answer

The icon image has to be called icon.png and you have to place it in the resources file. Also, the icon needs to be 80X80.  

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 2.40.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 2.40.52 PM.png

Best Answer

@saaasaab wrote:

The icon image has to be called icon.png and you have to place it in the resources file. Also, the icon needs to be 80X80.  

This is what I did and it does work, though I think it's an anachronism. The icon used to show up in various places, but now screenshots and higher resolution images are used.

Best Answer