Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App update questions.

ANSWERED

Now that I have my app published, I am thinking about the roadmap for updates. This morning I figured out how to do something that will make everything line up better in the interface (I am thinking it is an incremental update), and then an integration with a companion app to customize the grade scale and app even further (I am thinking this will be a major update).

My questions are how to accomplish this.

1) For incremental updates, can we just upload the app and resubmit in GAM? Or, do we just hit save?  I did notice that I could reword the description and press save which updated the description publicly.

2) For major updates (adding a companion app and possibly permissions) do you need to submit an entirely different app to GAM?

3)Does anyone know how updates affect your position in the cue? Do they wait until approving all open apps before looking at updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1 and 2) The process is the same: submit each new version for review.

3) The queue doesn't distinguish between new products and revisions. If you submit a revision before you submit a new product, the revision will be reviewed first.

There's more info on the publishing process here, and queue management here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

1 and 2) The process is the same: submit each new version for review.

3) The queue doesn't distinguish between new products and revisions. If you submit a revision before you submit a new product, the revision will be reviewed first.

There's more info on the publishing process here, and queue management here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thank you for all of your help and guidance.  This is perfect.

Best Answer
0 Votes