Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App uploaded with wrong UUID

ANSWERED

Hello @JonFitbit @LiamFitbit

I accidentally uploaded an App with the wrong UUID the first time, and now I can't correct it.

The UUID I uploaded was 0dadf73f-3fb8-4d0f-8ad0-c30d23dbd667, 

but the ID assigned by Fitbit studio was ee1197bb-24c5-43d0-8d68-3172ff819140

Can you (would you please) correct this for me?

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you don't want to use the UUID already in GAM, then you'll need to add it as a new project in GAM.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You can change the UUID in Fitbit Studio. Rename the package.json to package.json.txt, change the UUID, rename it back again, then rebuild.

Best Answer
0 Votes

>> You can change the UUID in Fitbit Studio. Rename the package.json to package.json.txt, change the UUID, rename it back again, then rebuild. 

Yes, I can in fact do that,

but,...

since the first upload had the wrong UUID, I can't upload a version with the correct one. App manager keeps telling me I have the "wrong" UUID.

Regards and thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you don't want to use the UUID already in GAM, then you'll need to add it as a new project in GAM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!

I didn't realize I could rename the project as long as it had not been reviewed yet.

I renamed the old project, and made a new one with the old name and a new UUID.

The tools you've made here really are exceptional.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You first need UUID of the original application. Then rename the package.json to package.txt. Find where it says the UUID and change it to the original. Rename it back to package.json. And run. 😉 

If this answer works please mark this post as a Best Answer.  ~ K.K Designs

Best Answer
0 Votes