Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there a reference page with the sampling rate of the different fitbit sensor devices?

ANSWERED

Hey,

are there a reference page where we have a table we there are for each sensor-device cell the maximum allowed sampling rate?

We would need to have a sampling rate for heart rate higher than 1 herz, but from the doc is not clear what is the maximum

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The maximum for heart rate is 1 Hz, and I think that only applies when in Exercise mode. Otherwise, it's about 0.2 Hz maximum (and typically 5 or 10 second intervals). This is usually sufficient because heart rate doesn't change rapidly (excepting HRV).

I've had gyro and accelerometer up to 60 Hz, and I suspect they max out at 100 Hz. That's more than you need for most practical purposes. Collecting more data than you need can be detrimental to your software.

I don't know of any documentation on these limits.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

The maximum for heart rate is 1 Hz, and I think that only applies when in Exercise mode. Otherwise, it's about 0.2 Hz maximum (and typically 5 or 10 second intervals). This is usually sufficient because heart rate doesn't change rapidly (excepting HRV).

I've had gyro and accelerometer up to 60 Hz, and I suspect they max out at 100 Hz. That's more than you need for most practical purposes. Collecting more data than you need can be detrimental to your software.

I don't know of any documentation on these limits.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer