Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? - Cardioscore API (VO2 max) Does Not Respect Timezone & Raises Incorrect Spans into the future

Hello Fitbit Support Team,

I am writing to report a bug with the Fitbit API, specifically related to the Cardioscore (VO2 max) endpoint. The issue is that the API does not respect the user's timezone, which results in an incorrect "spans into the future" exception being raised when attempting to fetch data for the current date.

Here is a brief description of the issue:

1. When querying the Cardioscore API endpoint using the current date as both the start and end dates, the API returns an HTTPBadRequest error with the message "Date range interval YYYY-MM-DD - YYYY-MM-DD spans into the future."

2. This error seems to occur due to the API not taking the user's timezone into account. For example, I am in the UTC+10 timezone. When it is already the next day in my timezone (e.g., April 05), but still the previous day in UTC (e.g., April 04), the API considers the requested date range as being in the future when it is, in fact, the current date in my timezone.

This issue has caused difficulties in my application, as I need to work around this error to avoid disrupting the normal data retrieval process. It would be greatly appreciated if the Fitbit API team could investigate and resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you require any additional information or clarification to address this bug.

Thank you for your attention and support.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0