Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

By Your Command! Meet the Command Line Interface

Today is another exciting landmark in the evolution of the Fitbit OS Software Development Kit (SDK). We’re proud to announce a major enhancement: an entirely new way to build apps and clock faces for Fitbit OS. We have created a command-line interface that is compatible with macOS, Windows, and Linux, and allows developers to build and install Fitbit OS projects while using their favorite code editors, and their preferred version control system. This update takes Fitbit OS app development beyond Fitbit Studio for the very first time.

https://dev.fitbit.com/blog/2018-08-23-cli-tools/

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

If you update to @Fitbit/sdk-cli version 1.0.1 this should be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated to CLI 1.0.1 and still see run-time errors and console.log lines in terms of build code rather than source, but perhaps this issue wasn't addressed in 1.0.1.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Great stuff! Really enjoying now when using favorite IDE and linter, so sweet! Well done!

+1 to the suggestion of `npx fitbit run` command which would do build and install in the same step. Even better would be if `npx fitbit <cmd>` would run in a command mode and not in a shell mode, so some commands could be hooked up on hotkeys.

Also, +1 to the problem with logs location showing not in original source, but in transpiled (?) code. Even on 1.0.1, if that matters.

Best Answer

Anything but an interactive session lol. Think CI!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a separate issue which requires an update to @Fitbit/sdk which we're still working on.

Best Answer

+1 to getting the source line numbers fixed for run time errors.

EDIT: With very limited testing, this seems to be fixed in version 2.0 of the SDK.

Thanks! 

Best Answer

Hi there! I'm having troubles authenticating the CLI; I get a browser opening on which I can login, but I get a redirect URL back to 127.0.0.1:13579, which times out. Is there another way of adding auth to my terminal?

Update: Fixed! Needed elevated privileges.

Best Answer