Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete project from Fitbit Studio.

I started to make a watch face and copied some data from a project I downloaded.  Anyway now I cannot remove that project from Fitbit studio.  It just wont go when I click delete project.  Also within that project, (I can open it), I've tried removing all the folders and files and some went but others just won't go !

It would be nice to have a 'clean' front page on fitbit studio and not have an old irrelevant project still there and unable to be removed ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @DrcspyNz  -  tested this, was able to delete the project, and after recreating it was able to delete all the elements and still delete the project.

The key may be that you can't delete the only project. Try making a new project then deleting the old.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

Yes I still have this project stuck there.  I've tried to remove all internal codes, (not all of them will go), and just delete the project on the Studio 'welcome' page.  Neither process has worked .  And no it's not my only project.

Here is an example of the error code which I get if I try to delete even a single .png:

Delete failed: API request to 'https://studio.fitbit.com/api/projects/MxbW1P/github/1.1.0-NW.png failed with 500

Best Answer
Best Answer

I guess the package.json still exists?

Try this: build the project (it will give you errors but don't bother) and then delete it.

or:

Rename your project either in the browser list or in the package.json

Remember that the "appUUID" is connected to the gam (Gallery App Manager )

Good luck and keep us updated.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer

I have the same problem.

Can't remember what I did to corrupt the file but anytime I try to delete any file in this one project I get the message "Delete failed: API request to 'https://studio.fitbit.com/api/projects/nad8pD/package.json.txt failed with 500" if I click retry I get the same issue.

If I try and press delete project nothing happens when I click "Yes delete it"

image.pngimage.png

I have two projects, one of them I want to delete. I can create a blank project then delete it but can't delete this one project. Did you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer