Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Fitbit OS Simulator to launch

ANSWERED

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I have been trying to run the simulator executable. I downloaded the simulator file "Fitbit OS Simulator Setup 0.5.1.exe" and I ran it. But then, after the progress bar finishes on the "Installing" screen, I get nothing! The executable simply quits. One time I got the executable to go to the point where I am asked to type my username/password to login. But while I was doing that the window just quit without warning and the process terminated!

So far, the only way I have managed to run the simulator is if I run it in a sandboxed environment. I am not sure if any app on my Windows 10 PC is interfering with this simulator causing it to misbehave. Let me know if I can provide any debug logs to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks all for your suggestions. I did not look into this for a few days but I finally got around to it today. Looks like if I run C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\installer.exe rather than just the downloaded installer file, it seems to have correctly installed the simulator. Now, I can run it fine. I am not sure why I couldn't properly install it by just running the downloaded installer.

Also, when I tried this on a different Windows 10 machine, it seemed to work fine right out of the box. Oh well!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If you made it to the login screen, it sounds like it's installed. 

Are you able to launch it again from the start menu? "Fitbit OS Simulator".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately no, Jon. I cannot seem to find it in the start menu. It does not seem to have installed successfully in my opinion. And every time I try to install it by running the installer exe file, it seems to quit at the end without warning and without errors, so it fails to fully finish the installation. I will try it again by disabling my anti-virus software and see if that is what is causing the problem with the installation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure your firewall doesn't interfere with it either (mine did, initially).

You might find some clues in "...AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\log.log". Or not.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thanks all for your suggestions. I did not look into this for a few days but I finally got around to it today. Looks like if I run C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator\installer.exe rather than just the downloaded installer file, it seems to have correctly installed the simulator. Now, I can run it fine. I am not sure why I couldn't properly install it by just running the downloaded installer.

Also, when I tried this on a different Windows 10 machine, it seemed to work fine right out of the box. Oh well!

Best Answer
0 Votes