Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change brightness of screen by App

ANSWERED

Hi guys, 

I just wanted to write a Torch app for my Ionic but unfortunately with the auto dim function it doesn't really work well. Do you guys know if there is a possibility to change the brightness to MAX when I am starting my Torch App? And of course setting it back to AUTO when I quit the App? 

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's not in the current beta, but it will be available as:

import { display } from "display";

// force the screen brightness to maximum (100%) display.brightnessOverride = 1.0; // stop forcing the brightness and let the system manage it display.brightnessOverride = undefined;

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's not in the current beta, but it will be available as:

// force the screen brightness to maximum (100%) display.brightnessOverride = 1.0; // stop forcing the brightness and let the system manage it display.brightnessOverride = undefined;
Best Answer

The command "display.brightnessOverride" is now available in the Display API, but it seems like it is not working for me. Am I doing something wrong or is the command just not working for now? 

Below is a snippet of the code.

display.autoOff = false;
display.on = true;
display.brightnessOverride = 1.0;
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, it's in the documentation now, but you need the new firmware too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not a developer. How do I increase the brightness on my Fitbit ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Henry727: To change the brightness of your Ionic, just open the Settings and the first entry is the brightness. Just tap on it, the available values are: Dim, Normal, Max and Auto.
This forum is for Developers, if you have further questions please change into the following forum:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/bd-p/ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason, when I import the display directly above the code, it works, but of not, it doesn't. This is what worked for me (I need the brightness to be dim, but you can change that to 'max'):

display.autoOff = false;
display.on = true;
display.brightnessOverride = "dim";

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I tap on it but it doesn't change. I tap into other features and change. What could be the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes