Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number with images

ANSWERED

Hello, I would like to try to change the numbers of the time with images that represent the numbers created by me how can I do it? Is there a function that does this?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Change the .href of <image> elements.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

There's an example here https://github.com/Fitbit/sdk-lcd-clock

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would you possible know of an example of a clock face app using images for numbers that is aimed at Versa 3 and Sense models, and using latest SDK? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FredrikPahlman - the previous post [to yours] in this topic gives the example.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

But since the example is from 2018, I thought there would have to be changes done to make it work with new devices like the Sense and SDK 6? Sorry, very much a beginner at trying to build anything with code. I noticed that the resource file index.gui should be index.view instead, but I guess I need to change more than the file type. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FredrikPahlman- the basic principle is the same, regardless of watch type.

However, as you noticed, the SDK 4 has a different file name convention to SDK 6, because the watches have a different geometry and different additional features.

See https://dev.fitbit.com/build/guides/migration/

SDK 5 and 6 are similar for the migration purposes which is about all you need apply to the sample.

Best Answer

Wonderful! Thank you for the resource on migration to SDK6, now I´ll try to apply it 🙂

Best Answer

That did the trick, thank you!
First running selfmade clockface with own typeface!First running selfmade clockface with own typeface!

Best Answer

@FredrikPahlman  - nice.

For some reason it reminds me of  Riso Assist

Which if you tap on a quadrant will beep out the number for people with sight issues.

You could add that functionality to yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes