Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Notifications view

Is there a way for a clock face or app to programmatically close the Notifications view on the watch face?

When a Notification is being displayed on the watch screen and the clock face or app needs to provide information to the user it can't be seen because the Notification masks the view of the clock face or app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Us developers don't really have access to such functionality so it's hard to say.

Notifications seem to be very separate from the sandbox that the API allows us.

If you could figure out when a notification was received which I'm 99% sure you can't, you could try the following.

The only thing I can think of is forcing the display to turn off and on within the display API. But that might not do it.

If your user chooses to have notifications turned on, it may just be best not to mess with it anyways.

Best Answer

@Anders10100  - thanks, nice suggestion,  will try manually turning off/on the display when a notification is showing but I think it still persists.

UPDATE. A manual button press clears the notification and leaves the screen on.  How that can be programmed is going to be another challenge!

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes