Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community & respect

If there is one thing we can say about developers is that we are passionate about what we do. For most of us, it's more than a job: it's a way of living! We are eager to let our creativity juice flowing and build amazing applications. We like to solve issues, and let's be honest, it's not always easy. Sometimes that eagerness to make things happen mixed with our passion makes us react in different ways that may not always reflect correctly who we really are...

At Fitbit, we are working hard to continue to provide a great experience to our users and our lovely developer community. Sometimes it may be frustrating or even exasperating as things are not perfect, but it's going in the right direction. It may not be the feature you wanted that we just released. That annoying bug may not be fixed as fast as you would like or expect it to be. Still, we are dedicated to improve our platform and let's be honest, we are humans too, so we are learning in the process.

Keeping this in mind, I would like all of us to constantly keep a respectful attitude toward all the members of this community. It's a friendly reminder that aggressive, inflammatory and any other type of comments that aren't considered respectful won't be tolerated and truth be told, it doesn't help anyone.

With love (yes, I'm that cheesy)
Joseph, Jon and Fred from the Developer Relations team!

P.S.: Please review the community guidelines.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I've been meaning to chime in on this topic for a while. People are quick to complain but don't usually bother to express satisfaction, and I've been guilty of the latter.

I started Windows development six months after Windows 1.0 was released. It was ugly and, since that time, I've received exactly one response from Microsoft employees in their support forums.

I started Android development too early as well, and learnt to back up my projects several times a day since the IDEs mangled them that often (until recently). I've received zero responses from Google employees.

I'm loving being a part of the Fitbit developer community. The knowledgeable and honest responses from Fitbit employees are wonderful. Thanks for your thick skins, guys!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thanks a lot for your feedback @CCat, we really appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes