Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Companion/Settings component not working [Windows PC App]

Can anyone help me get a companion/settings component that works through the windows pc app? This works on Android/iOS but the PC app doesn't install the companion. Here's the github and the GAM link.

Thanks for any help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I tried very hard to test this but couldn't even get it installed (possibly because my Windows Fitbit app and watch firmware versions are all over the place).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I never could install private gam links through pc. I just install using my phone then I update it using the pc app. Is that what you did?

Sorry, I re-read my post. I'm really just asking for example code that works on windows. I know this doesn't work on windows (at least my machine).

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I was trying to install directly via a GAM private link. That normally works for me (as long as I append /openapp to the link).

I couldn't see anything obviously odd about your code, although the multiple calls to initialize() made me nervous. I suspect that at least two of them could execute when the companion starts in appropriate circumstances. That, in turn, would result in addEventListener getting called twice, which could mean that the listener might run twice. However, I can't see why that should cause the issue you observed, nor why it should behave differently on Windows.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

I tried the /openapp thing a while ago (I saw you actually suggest it to someone else) and it hasn't worked, unlucky I guess. 

I'm not sure if the wakeInterval or the launchreasons stuff is in the current build (last I saw this was a month ago). But, I see what you mean. Everything below initialize() was added after I figured out the companion wasn't launching/installing, so I think I was just throwing whatever at it.  

If you don't know, I guess I just have to wait for fitbit dev to tell me just to use my phone lol. 🙃 

Best Answer
0 Votes