Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Ringer App

Hello!

Just upgraded from one of the first generation pebbles to the Versa and still adjusting to the fitbit life. One of my favorite applications on my old watch was the ability to control my ringer from my wrist. (i.e. Silent, Do Not Disturb, Ring now). It was a huge help when I needed to find my phone quickly within a small area. I really feel like an app like this could take the watch to a whole new level since i could check vibrations on my wrist without disturbing others but still be able to find my phone quickly if needed.

I've noticed from reading these forums that some apps take time to move to the newer watches. Is there an app like this coming to the Versa? If not, does anyone have an idea of how i could get this app developed? I am not a talented Coder, and have no idea how to write this one, much less how to look it up.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

With an open Bluetooth API it would just be a finger exercise. Just read the current RSSI, to calculate an estimated distance between phone and watch. Besides this purpose, there would be a lot of possibilities with an opened BLE API... f.e. Versa as a camera remote 😁 Hopefully it's on Fitbit's roadmap.

Best Answer
0 Votes