Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new clock face for Versa 3

I recently lost my Sense and am now using a Versa 3.  I would like to use the same clock face on my Versa 3 but it can't be installed on the Versa 3.  I would like to develop a similar clock face for the Versa 3.  How can I do this?  Note: I found a video on Youtube that has shows steps for creating a clock face using the Fitbit app, but the video appears to be out of date with the current version of the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Versa 3 and Sense (1) can usually run the same clockfaces, unless the Sense clockface is using a Sense-specific sensor (which is unlikely). What message do you see when you try to install the clockface on Versa 3?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes
in the fitbit mobile app, you click on the gear and then the link "third party apps".  you then click on the link "smartwatch apps and clock faces".  then click on the button clock faces "see all".  i then select the clock face i want (example Dash).  on the page for Dash, there is a button that says 2 devices.  when you click on the button, the choices are listed as Sense2 and Versa 4.  i click on the button install app and it says Not Available.  The problem is I had it installed on my Sense (1st version) with no problems.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Thanks for the detailed info; that rules out a couple of possibilities (eg, out-of-date firmware or missing sensors).

There can be multiple clockfaces with the same name, even from the same developer, targetting different watch types. Look around, just in case.

If you'd installed the clockface from a private link, it may not be in the gallery.

To answer your original question, I think the best place to start is here, although you could consider FitFace if your clockface isn't too complicated.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @coug81 - did you try clicking on the battery icon in the Fitbit App and the Versa 3 and then Gallery tile, there search for your clock face. All clocks available for your watch will be shown.

As @Gondwana says the Versa 3 and Sense share mostly the same features so a clock face for the one should be available for the other, except certain watch unique Fitbit faces.

The Fitbit Studio for easily creating your own watch face has been discontinued so it is much harder now.

There are many faces for your watch so look first in the gallery if you can't already find one to meet your needs by entering the criteria.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did.  And didn't find the one I previously used on my Sense.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@coug81 - unfortunately there is no app and clock face history in the Fitbit App, so if you don't know the exact name it can be quite hard to find because there are so many.

It might have been Spectrum which isn't available on the Versa 3.

There are many possibly even better ones for a Versa 3, so have a look by criteria.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes