Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently can't build anything in studio... facing Internal Error

ANSWERED

Currently facing (october 5th, 18:40 UTC):

Build failed!

Internal error during build. Guru Meditation: [object Event]

for whatever project I want to build in studio.

Am I the only one?

Do you know a possible Reason?

Thanks in advance,

J.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In order to prepare for the launch of SDK versioning and CLI tools, we internals in Studio in order to share more code and give us a better foundation for new features. Unfortunately in this instance, we accidentally broke support for Microsoft Edge. We're deploying an update today to address this.

Some internal context for the technically curious:

We use WebCrypto to generate random build identifiers. We also as of recently use a WebWorker to run the build in a separate JS context and avoid bogging down the main UI. Unfortunately, unlike all other modern browsers, Edge doesn't support using WebCrypto inside of a WebWorker: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/7607496

Whilst in this instance we were able to find a way to workaround the issue, as Studio continues to become more complex and feature filled, we might have to drop support for Edge if we continue to find instances where it doesn't implement standards to the same degree as other browsers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I am also having the same issue and message, I even tried to create a brand new blank app and still have the same problem, looks like build is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like this might be an issue with Edge. Can you try Google Chrome?

Best Answer
0 Votes

True. Well analyzed. Just tried with Chrome, it's working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are right it is a Edge thing, Chrome works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it is difficult to maintain all the browsers out there but IE has been dead for 2 years... How bout prioritizing support for edge please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess studio compatibility for Edge will come back again soon, as before this recent studio update, it already worked well (e.g. last Week)

And note than more and more often, I prefer to use Edge over Chrome, and I think I am not the only one when we observe Chrome resources consumption trend...

Best Answer

In order to prepare for the launch of SDK versioning and CLI tools, we internals in Studio in order to share more code and give us a better foundation for new features. Unfortunately in this instance, we accidentally broke support for Microsoft Edge. We're deploying an update today to address this.

Some internal context for the technically curious:

We use WebCrypto to generate random build identifiers. We also as of recently use a WebWorker to run the build in a separate JS context and avoid bogging down the main UI. Unfortunately, unlike all other modern browsers, Edge doesn't support using WebCrypto inside of a WebWorker: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/7607496

Whilst in this instance we were able to find a way to workaround the issue, as Studio continues to become more complex and feature filled, we might have to drop support for Edge if we continue to find instances where it doesn't implement standards to the same degree as other browsers.

Best Answer