Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Bridge on Luxe?

ANSWERED

Hi, 

I am working on gamifying exercise using heart rate and accelerometer data. I purchased a fitbit luxe seeing that it has both heart rate and accelerometer, and is also budget friendly. 

I thought it was straight forward to use the developer bridge with any Fitbit watch. Looks like this assumption was false. I can't find developer bridge on the Luxe or the mobile app. Am I missing something here? If it is possible, please guide me on how to get the developer bridge working with Luxe. 

If the luxe is not designed for it, what would be the best (budget friendly) fitbit watch I need to buy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Luxe doesn't allow the development of third-party apps. You need a watch that runs Fitbit OS (any Versa, Ionic or Sense). It's easier with Versa 3 and Sense because support for the older watches is reducing. While Versa Lite can be used, it can be slower for development because it doesn't have WiFi for developer bridge.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Luxe doesn't allow the development of third-party apps. You need a watch that runs Fitbit OS (any Versa, Ionic or Sense). It's easier with Versa 3 and Sense because support for the older watches is reducing. While Versa Lite can be used, it can be slower for development because it doesn't have WiFi for developer bridge.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes