Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer menu does not show up after accepting Fitbit Platform TOS

ANSWERED

I just created a developer account, and am trying to gain access to the developer functionality in the app.

I have followed the steps in Getting Started; logging in to Fitbit Studio, and accepted the TOS that popped up.

I have tried the sequence of logging in and out as per the guide on 9to5tutorial.com, including clearing the app cache and doing a reboot of my phone after step 3.

Still I cannot find the Developer menu, and I can not find any steps to debug why the Developer menu does not show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes. It isn't possible to develop clockfaces or apps for Charge 5.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

What type of watch?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Charge 5, but does that matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. It isn't possible to develop clockfaces or apps for Charge 5.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Now that you mention it, I don't see any references to any of the Charge models on the developer pages, though I can't find any list of devices that are supported or not, either. Where can I find this information?

Furthermore, Fitbit references their store, apps, and clockfaces as usual in my Charge 5 and the Fitbit app (including device specific-settings), which is very confusing if those things aren't really a thing for that device.

It also does not make any sense that my Fitbit app should not have developer capabilities just because I haven't yet paired it with a supported watch.

Fitbit should really have better documentation regarding this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key is "Fitbit OS devices". Versas and Senses run that; trackers don't.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes