Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developers - redundant "See all Details" and "Show More" problem

ANSWERED

Once a clock face is installed, the description and details of the Clock face in the Gallery tile are hidden from view for no apparent reason by these redundant links.

Scrolling a selected Clock face up in the Gallery tile stops at "See all details". 

Users have to click on this link in order to be able to scroll further which often they don't do, or know to do, so they can miss the full description, especially provided by the developer.

While Fitbit provide little, or no, descriptions for their clock faces, it is not a problem for Fitbit clocks.

However for the conscientious developers who usually provide a decent amount of information it is masked from view, and is a problem because users may not understand, or use, the features provided and not even be able to contact the developer because that too is hidden for no reason.

Even if the user clicks on "See all details" still not all the information is displayed on scrolling up, it stops AGAIN and the user has to click on "Show more" to see the rest. Note: Apps only have the "Show More" link to stop scrolling.

As a result the clock face may simply be discarded through sheer lack of information, or the developer contacted because not all information was seen.

It is understandable to restrain the scrolling volume for huge amounts of data but as the description has a very limited size it is not relevant, and therefore is totally redundant and undesirable. The two links just stop the normal scrolling of information unnecessarily.

Neither of these "See all Details" and "Show More" links are conducive to a good user interface.

Other than posting in the Feedback forum, are there any effective suggestions to get the links suppressed to permit full normal scrolling?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @Gondwana - for people without a Settings option for their clock faces, any links and instructions may be in the description only and possibly not seen.

I have escalated this long time issue which is not doing developers or users any favours in the hope that Fitbit make an improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

My reply is off-topic a bit, but I always include a link to the documentation web page in the Settings page for my products. I have no idea if anybody ever finds such links.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Gondwana - for people without a Settings option for their clock faces, any links and instructions may be in the description only and possibly not seen.

I have escalated this long time issue which is not doing developers or users any favours in the hope that Fitbit make an improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes