Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Textarea and Virtual Tile List in a Scroll View

Hello,

I am a beginner in writing apps for FitBit.

My app should display some text which can be quite long and would require the user to scroll. I manage to do that using a Dynamic Textarea. My app should also have a Virtual Tile List to allow the user to select options.

I wanted to use Scroll View in order to have:

• 1x Scroll View Item for the the Dynamic Textarea and a Button at the bottom and
  • 1x Scroll View Item for the Virtual Tile List

However, this implementation prevents to scroll the Dynamic Textarea and the scrolling is making the view change from one Scroll View Item to the other Scroll View Item.

Any recommendation for the user interface?

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Is it unable to scroll after you populate the textarea? You could try adjusting the height of the scroll view item based on the height of the textarea. yourItem.getBBox().height

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

I have similar problem where the scroll area is limited to just 1 screen height, even though I tried 200%.

Can't figure out where I gone wrong.

<use href="#scrollview">
<use id="screen2" href="#scrollview-item" height="200%" width="95%">
<defs>
<symbol id="custom-textarea2" type="dynamic-textarea" system-events="all">
<textarea id="text" x="5" y="5" text-length="2048" height="300%" width="95%" font-size="35" />
</symbol>
</defs>

<use id="myWord1c" href="#custom-textarea2" type="dynamic-textarea" x="0" y="35" height="200%" width="100%" fill="#B0C4DE">
<rect id="clickbg3" x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="100%" fill="yellow" fill-opacity="0.5" pointer-events="visible"/> //click area
</use>
</use>

Best Answer
0 Votes