Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ BREAK OVEN

ANSWERED

First test run of adding custom watch face... following tutorial, great, red box with time.  Worked as expected.  Added custom image to svg... got over zealous and selected run while still on the index.gui in resources... well that jacked the device up.  I could see my image on the watch, but then it just all out went bad.  The full reset sucks... takes forever and I am still waiting hoping it will come back.  I am willing to try again and hope it is the issue that using the "run" requires you are on the index.js ... I would hope that the studio would execute on a "build" and use the correct file to deploy developed apps. 

Thoughts? Is it a true statement that you must have index.js on screen before running? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bjsexpress wrote:

I've moved to a new wifi, it is creating clock time no image; no errors?

Found issue... image mode was not rgb.  I think initial issue was with wifi and security firewall; imagine there is a run connection that is not happening due to Kaspersky filter.  When I used a personal wifi it was fine.  Sorry for the rant.  Frustrated easily this morning.  LOL.   <<ADMIN>> feel free to delete this thread.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Ok... had nothing to do with it apparently the guide breaks the watch on first run.   After running and app installs, it nealry bricks buy simply adding one image and new script...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am totally discourage with programming this platform... until an emulator F! this.... 25 Years of development and this is crap to me.  Good luck with this... if getting noobs interested in this it will need to come a long way.  Guess I am old, but this should work much better.  I want to enjoy the fitness use and finally swim with my tracker,  I stick with fitbit for my friends or I would have just gone with Garmin.  It would have been nice to make a custom watch face with the image I wanted. 

seriously here is the only change made to the program was adding the image and changing the svg tag data... it says app installed, I get black screen every time!!!! no image no clock no function! WTH!

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it is connected to Fibit Studio (I assumed it is because you are using Build/Run), you can show the "Console Log" which is the log output of the watch.

If there's an error then it'll show up there. The only caveat to that is if you have multiple files and use import, it'll create one big file called index.js and show the errors relative to that file (you can download the package and extract that index.js file to see where it is actually failing).

A bit of a pain, but I'm sure they'll improve that over time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

bjsexpress wrote: 

seriously here is the only change made to the program was adding the image and changing the svg tag data... it says app installed, I get black screen every time!!!! no image no clock no function! WTH!

If it's failing to display your image, it would appear as a black screen. This doesn't mean the device is bricked. Just swipe left or right and you'll still see the system menus. 

How big is the image file you're adding? It needs to be 348x250.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bjsexpress wrote:

Found issue... image mode was not rgb.  I think initial issue was with wifi and security firewall; imagine there is a run connection that is not happening due to Kaspersky filter.  When I used a personal wifi it was fine.  Sorry for the rant.  Frustrated easily this morning.  LOL.   <<ADMIN>> feel free to delete this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A good idea is to dev with your clockface as an APP and change it to Clockface once stable.

Best Answer