Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when installing a clock face on the OS Simulator

ANSWERED

I cloned my Fitbit projects on a new computer and immediately started having issues with NPM modules. The projects all complained about a missing "@molecular" package. I managed to get around the issue by installing molecular and then uninstalling it. My projects now build with no errors.

The issue I have now is that sometimes issuing a "bi" command will fail with errors. But eventually it will install on the OS Simulator. It might take one, two, or many attempts. There is no pattern to it.

Here are the errors. It's very temperamental.

[16:39:37][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Ionic
[16:39:37][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Versa
[16:39:37][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Versa Lite
[16:39:37][info][app] Building app for Fitbit Versa 2
[16:39:37][info][companion] Building companion
[16:39:37][info][settings] Building settings
[16:39:37][info][build] App UUID: 42aacc74-bac7-4ef9-ae37-a5f793008bab, BuildID: 0x09529651118a4255
No app package specified. Reloading ./build/app.fba.
Loaded appID:42aacc74-bac7-4ef9-ae37-a5f793008bab buildID:0x09529651118a4255
App requires a device, connecting...
Auto-connecting only known device: Versa 2 Simulator
Error: Fetch of https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/developer-relay/hosts/VERSA%202%20SIMULATOR returned status 500 Internal Server Error
    at /Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/api/baseAPI.js:20:37
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
    at async getConnectionURL (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/api/developerRelay.js:22:22)
    at async Object.connect (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/api/developerRelay.js:36:17)
    at async Function.connect (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/models/HostConnections.js:37:20)
    at async HostConnections.connect (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/models/HostConnections.js:50:32)
    at async Object.exports.connectAction (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/commands/connect.js:42:24)
    at async Object.exports.installAction (/Users/ian/Development/node/fitbit/fitbit/sakio/node_modules/@fitbit/sdk-cli/lib/commands/install.js:42:24)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Simply try running bi again.

It seems that the servers(incl. gam) were not working propery for the past week.
I hope this is a harbinger of new features...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Simply try running bi again.

It seems that the servers(incl. gam) were not working propery for the past week.
I hope this is a harbinger of new features...

Best Answer

That seems like a reasonable answer. It's obvious that HTTP is involved with all of those 500 errors, and it was weird how it works eventually if I just keep bashing away. I'll give it some time and just deal with it. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes