Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise stops after an hour or so

All my users have the same problem. Their golf exercise stop after one hour or so. I already make a workaround to dete4ct exercise changes and start it again. Why is the closing?

I start the exercise this way:

function startGolfExcercise(){
  console.log("exercise.state "+exercise.state);
  if(exercise.state== "stopped")exercise.start("golf", { gps: true });
  else if(exercise.state == "paused")exercise.resume(); 
}

//to prevent the exercise from stopping
exercise.onstatechange = function(event){
  startGolfExcercise();
}

startGolfExcercise();

I stop the excercise this way:

me.addEventListener("unload", function(){
    console.log("unload called");
    saveSettings();
    if (exercise.state == "started")exercise.stop();
  });

As a workaround I made the code below to keep an exercise going.

Pietero_0-1619557222699.png

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Please can you confirm which devices and firmware versions you're seeing this behaviour on? 

Best Answer

Jon,

I knew you always keep an Eye on the SDK Forum, thanks for that. If there is a better place to repport issues like these, let me know.

I've taken a look in my email history and it Seems that it applies to the Sense only. That doesn't make Sense. I've got one happy email from a Versa 3 user regarding the exercise. Another person mailed that after the Golf Exercise ended, a bunch (3) of walks were auto-detected. He sent me a screenshot which I cannot share here for privacy reasons.

I have firmware version 44.128.4.17 on my Sense. I don't know the firmware version of others. The issues is here for quite a while. I took a look in my excercise overview and it dates back since I introduced exercise logging in the app. One thing is in common, the exercise ends when my heart rate stabilized for quite a few minutes. 

I personally have auto detection on per default settings but after my golf exercise ended, no walking was auto-detected. Before having the listener for excercise change, It just stopped. HEre is an overview:

37740720526--> 90% 1h and 44 minon 21 february

37911772214--> 100% 1h 16 min on 28 february

38871360432--> 70% 1h 24 min April 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonFitbit 

I have some further debug analysis. So a Versa 1 user reported to my that whenever his GPS stops, his exercise got stopped. So then it would mean than an exercise is stopped when the phone connection dropped. In my case, in golf, you walk away from your phone more that 30 yards regularly so the phone disconnects and connects quite a few times.

The bug is still present.

Best Answer
0 Votes