Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Device data to Spreadsheet

I'm looking for a way to get device information into Excel.

My Fitbit app collects barometric pressure data over time.  I then store that historical data in a binary file (on the device) via File system writes.  It all works great.

My challenge is that I need a way to get that same historical data onto my windows desktop so I can import it into Excel, and then create charts/pivot tables.

1. First I considered doing a File Transfer to copy the device file to the phone.  The challenge there is that the only thing I can see the phone can then do is then post data to a website (companion code cannot access phone storage).
  2. Next I tried just copy/pasting console log outputs.  The challenge there is that for some reason the text being copied is truncated significantly.  I'd have to go thru many browser screen cut/pastes to complete this.

I would imagine someone has done this.  Ideas ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Two semi-random thoughts:

• You could develop a server that runs on your phone which accepts the data posted from the Fitbit companion app.
  • I think logs get truncated because they're rate-limited. If you spit out no more than 20-30 lines every so often, you shouldn't miss anything. Of couse, you may be collecting data faster than that.
Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any general purpose websites/servers out there where I could save the fitbit statistics data file?  And then access/download that file from my desktop?

Best Answer
0 Votes