Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra info received on first run of clockface settings

ANSWERED

Hello,

When I run my clockface for the first time, I get an extra return from my settings page.  The key it is returning is "selection"...which I do not have anywhere in my code.  It returns valid information (it returns not-selected items that could be selected)  after my settings are incorporated into my clockface.  Is the "selection" key something the system creates itself on a first run?  The key is not returned at any time after the first start-up of the clockface.

From my console log:

• [10:05:03 AM]Setting background color: white
  • app/index.js:31,3[10:05:04 AM]App received: {"data":{"key":"myPic","newValue":"{\"selected\":[0],\"values\":[{\"name\":\"Landing.png\",\"value\":0}]}"}}
  • app/index.js:42,5[10:05:04 AM]image selected: Landing.png
  • app/index.js:31,3[10:05:05 AM]App received: {"data":{"key":"selection","newValue":"{\"selected\":[4],\"values\":[{\"name\":\"Split.png\",\"value\":\"5\"}]}"}

The last bullet should not be there...  I am trying to understand what is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I changed my code to rely more on files and this has apparently cleared up the issue.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Did you solve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been on the road and have not been able to work on it.  But, at last run the extra line was still there.  Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have the project source online somewhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes...I think.  I uploaded into a Github discord, but Github changed the code slightly.  The URL is https://github.com/FlyFrosty/Travelers-Clockface.  I thought I could post it in the discord, but that appears to be another version of the chat board. If I am wrong and you have another suggestion, I am flexible.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my code to rely more on files and this has apparently cleared up the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes