Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face update rejected but it is working well on my fitbit

Hi Fitbit Family,

Before starting this topic, I tried to find on this community, other scenarios like the one I'm about to tell you below, and I couldn't, so I'm reaching out to you for some guidance.

I'm the developer of some faces, in the latest update of one of them, I got feedback from the reviewers that the face was not working properly. I'm actually wearing this version of the face right now without any issues. I'm not able to reproduce the problem they mentioned, it is working fine on my wrist. Has this happened to you before? Is there a way to contact the reviewer team?

Thanks in advance,

Lazaro

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's possible that there was an issue during the review process. This could be due to errors affecting different watch firmware, iOS or Android, fresh install vs. upgrades... there's lots of potential problem points. 

I would try a completely fresh install on your device, if it's still working, then resubmit for review.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JonFitbit,

Thank you so much for the answer.

I did a completely fresh install (removed from the device and installed again) on a Versa 1, with the latest operative system version and I have an iPhone with the latest version of Fitbit, the face is working ok. The face also works well on the Fitbit OS Simulator running on a Mac with the Mac OS Big Sur.

The changes included in this update are cosmetic ones and an API version from 4.1 to 4.2.

I already submitted the update twice and of course, tested the face on my device, where is working well. Both times I got the same feedback from the reviewers, the steps didn't count. Maybe there is a scenario with the devices on your side that I can't reproduce at my end. Can be possible to have the logs? I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could it be that you're using today.local.steps instead of today.adjusted.steps?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes