Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create Comms session

ANSWERED

My watchface program was working fine. Tonight I just decided to change the look on a couple of icons. Before changing anything, I Built my watchface again and kept getting this error:

• [21:46:06]App Started[HOST]
  • [21:46:07]Unhandled Error
  • [21:46:07]Failed to create Comms session
  • [21:46:07] at ./app/index.js:9:5

I've installed new, official watchfaces and deleted the companion app from the Fitbit app a half dozen times and still get this error.

I've installed an official watchface and changed this type to an App and installed that. It still comes up with the same error over and over.

I also unpaired and repaired my Ionic from the Fitbit app.

Any suggestions, please?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That fixed it!

Sad to have to do a Factory Reset.

I did notice the Companion App always said "Status: Inactive" when this error occurs.

So... Factory Reset (half an hour to reinstall firmware at least) and all good again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I also got the same error suddenly on my app. My app worked fine until I changed some code on the SVG. Even when I undo the edits, it still throws the error. Any ideas what happens?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dunno. I'm reinstalling the firmware after Factory Reset. Wish me luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That fixed it!

Sad to have to do a Factory Reset.

I did notice the Companion App always said "Status: Inactive" when this error occurs.

So... Factory Reset (half an hour to reinstall firmware at least) and all good again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it seems that there is a problem with the Messaging part:

import document from "document";
import * as messaging from "messaging";

console.log("App Started");

var response = document.getElementById("demotext");
response.innerText = "Loading";

//Until here the code works messaging.peerSocket.onopen = function() { callWebservice(); }

When it gets to the peerSocket.onopen function it will throw the error for me. Is there not another way to fix this instead of doing a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got this error and no matter what I changed in my app nothing worked! Didn't want to do a firmware update so tried the following to try and see what was causing the issue; it worked without a firmware update!

1. I created a new blank app that did nothing but console.log('started') & console.log('stopped'); uploaded it and ran it.
  2. Then I copied my app code from the app that errors into the new app, excluding the companion code! Ran the new app and found no errors.
  3. Then finally created a companion folder and copied the original code into the new app and ran it. No Error!!
  4. Finally re-run the original app and no more error!!!

No idea how or why it worked but it's all sorted now. Re-ran the original app several times and no more errors! Hope this helps some else from doing a firmware update.

Best Answer