Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS Simulator - Crash on Launch - OSX

Disclaimer: I've already found a work-around for this problem. I just wanted to let everybody else with a similar problem know how to fix it and I hope that maybe there will be a fix in a later version.

I'm running OS X El Capitan (10.11.16). The new Fitbit OS Simulator (v. 0.5.8) crashes directly after double-clicking on the icon after downloading (my guess is, this is a bug only for the first launch) and throws a series of exceptions, the first (and main one) being:

Error ENOENT: No such file or directory: mkdir '$Username/Library/Application\ Support/Fitbit\ OS\ Simulator/user-settings' ($Username being the username on my Macbook).

I managed to fix it with manually creating the said directory on my Macbook, but I guess a fix in a later version of Fitbit OS Simulator would be nice 🙂

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I used Safari at the beginning (I'm just fiddling around with Fitbit Studio / Fitbit OS Simulator for two days now), now I switched to Chrome - Mainly because this was the only browser I managed to upload custom images into my resource/ folder.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1. The folder created was everything up to (but not including) the "user settings" final component. After creating that, simulator starts up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice catch! This will be fixed in an upcoming simulator release.

Best Answer
0 Votes