Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS Simulator Not installing Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the Fitbit OS Simulator so I can port my clock face to the Versa however I'm running into the following issues which I can't seem to resolve and I haven't seen a post on here about it - I'm hoping someone can help.

1. Downloading: I try to download the os simulator.exe, no matter the browser I get an "insufficient permissions" error as for some reason it cannot save in my downloads folder? - I'm not having this issue with any other files.

2. When I manage to save the file elsewhere and download it, I run the .exe and it goes through the whole "installing" & progress bar etc. then nothing, it exits very quickly and I've managed to get the error message which says:

Error creating shortcut: C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Fitbit OS Simulator.ink

3. I go to look in:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Fitbit OS Simulator

there is only one file "installer.exe" I try to run that file but I get exactly the same - I cannot find any install location for the simulator however according to control panel it is installed.

I have tried uninstalling it and restarting my PC.

I have looked at permissions and everything seems to be fine.

I have tried disabling firewall/AV to install to no avail.

Has anyone experienced any of these issues or can throw some helpful ideas that might help me resolve it?

Thanks!

Joe.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

What happens when you try and run the installer as Administrator? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing changes, Still get the same error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that rules out the easy solution.  Maybe its a UAT problem, you could try changing UAT and reinstalling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll give that a try, although I'd have thought I would have similar issues when installing other programs and downloading other files (including other .exe's) which I haven't - Only this 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have anti-virus running you could try shutting it down and then running the installer and see it installs correctly.  If it does install correctly then try running it before turning the anti-virus back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes